The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Dr. Strangelove

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Fury

The main reason SureFire ever went from Lexan to tempered glass is because the window was susceptible to 'melting' damage from the high temperatures generated from the high-output incandescents. Given this isn't an issue with LEDs the reasons not to use polycarbonate are less clear cut.

Your'e right, polycarbonate is less likely to break than glass so it is superior in that regard. And SureFire glass is 4-5mm thick, my guess is for strength (I'm talking about the pyrex lenses, not TIR optics). But the polycarbonate lens used in the 6PX and G2X scratches very easily. I scratched one of mine badly when I wasn't thinking and cleaned it with a paper towel. Won't do that again...

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

Clicky UI...
IMO 15/500 lm should be used 2 stage twisties, and why the heck lexan lens?! Pyrex looks like tougher!
**Pre-order and expected in mid Dec** <-- Even the old cat LX1 isnt out

Size15's

Flashaholic

Clicky UI...
IMO 15/500 lm should be used 2 stage twisties, and why the heck lexan lens?! Pyrex looks like tougher!
**Pre-order and expected in mid Dec** <-- Even the old cat LX1 isnt out
By using existing current model X-type handhelds and adapting the bezel it looks like SureFire are able to bring it to market far more quickly compared to modifying any of the two-stage platforms.

The LX1 is shelved with effectively no hope of production. Has been so for ages

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surefire kept secret about this new "Fury" and it even didn´t appear in their last catalog, and here it is: a brand new Surefire model...

That´s why I still believe in the LX1!

Maybe I´ll change my signature: "I still believe in SF LX1!!"

Edit: Ops... I read now about Al´s statement about LX1... Well, I still have hope. Or faith. Something like that... ;)

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic

Surefire kept secret about this new "Fury" and it even didn´t appear in their last catalog, and here it is: a brand new Surefire model...
That is an improvement on previous occasions when they have announced new products and later cancelled them.

BIGLOU

Enlightened

OMG I was OK with the lights that I have and now this. I'm going to have to order me one. My next SF was going to be the Lawman if it ever comes out.

It definately looks like the Stratum and the G2D-S-BK

100_4237.jpg

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want to compare this to other recent offerings from other manufacturers but I don't feel it's appropriate based on the traditional Surefire target consumer... but... If Surefire would get an IPX8 water resistant rating (which they probably could do easily) and allow some 18650s they would probably snag a huge market segment with this light.

Last edited:

scot

Newly Enlightened

I'm wondering about it's compatibility with RCR123, 17670, or 18650's. Would really be nice if it were to produce the same output no matter what cells are used......
Kinda like the Quark X123x2, same outputs regardless of running on one cel or two. That's a big deal!!!!
Most of my Surefire's produce less lumens when run on a single LI ion vs two 123's.
I guess we'll see when they finally arrive.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want to compare this to other recent offerings from other manufacturers but I don't feel it's appropriate based on the traditional Surefire target consumer... but... If Surefire would get an IPX8 water resistant rating (which they probably could do easily) and allow some 18650s they would probably snag a huge market segment with this light.
Impossible for 18650,
SF intended to let people using CR123a lithium only
IPX8, well actually the lights are capable of it but due to surefire's warranty policy, it would be an expensive bill for them to pay for water-damage

steveG

Enlightened

Oh man. I've really been wanting a "wow" light for a while now. I also wanted to buy something made in the U.S. At a $155, this Surefire will be hard to resist! I can't wait to see reviews and beam shots!

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened

Woh! I think Im starting to like SF again! :)

One Q though...Can you put the the Fury head, or 6PX, on a G2X body??