The trouble with elephants (PICS)

hopkins

Enlightened
DM51 -nice pictures. Glad you had a fun visit.

Those portable electric fences work nice to keep the Eles out of camp.
Run off 2 regular 12v car batteries. Fast roll out and setup for the safari
folks.

Last edited:

Chuck289

Enlightened
DM51 -blasting the eyes with led light is animal abuse and is not to be tolerated anywhere and to have you, a moderator of this forum , doing so to an endangered species is atrocious behaviour.
Others have been ejected from this forum for abusing animals as you've done.

He did mention the elephant began to charge at him. I think shining a light at a charging wild animal is easily justified. I probably would have done the same. At least all it took was a light to stop the elephant and not a rifle.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
DM51 -blasting the eyes with led light is animal abuse and is not to be tolerated anywhere and to have you, a moderator of this forum , doing so to an endangered species is atrocious behaviour.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Under Normal conditions, we can consider blasting the eyes of elephants (or for that matter any animal) with LED light as abuse...

But if the animal is OFF to you... no matter which animal (including human being :D) you SHOULD definitely use the High Power LED Lights to disorient the attacker...

as DM Said, I hope you were kidding... or alternately, please edit your post to tone it down... as in present condition... would mean close to baiting moderator, it's against CPF rules...

e2x2e

Enlightened
An Indonesia friend ones adviced me that if encountering an elephant in the forest, it's best to pretend being dead. A brother of his did, the elephant carefully rolled him around and tickled his belly, eventually just left him there and walked on. I wonder if this method would work reliably.

I don't think I want to be 'tickled' by an elephant.:eeksign::help: