Think I decided... throw me some tips!

pialia

Newly Enlightened
Hey folks

I've narrowed it down to either the Nitecore MH25 860 lumen or the MH12 1000 lumen light. It's going to be mounted on a picatinny and what's making me lean toward the NH12 is naturally the smaller profile. What's practical about the MH25 is me being able to order the hunting kit from where I live(northern Sweden) and the MH12 would be a bit more of a hassle especially if I end up having problems with it and I ordered from abroad.

What are your guys' thoughts? I'm by no means a flashlightophile :D

Thanks

B0rt

Newly Enlightened
I have none of those two lights myself. But for hunting use I would clearly prefer the MH25 for two reasons:
- longer range
- longer runtime

Add to that your procurement options and I think we have a winner.
But I would wait for advice from some other hunters and owners before deciding if I were you :D

ven

Flashaholic
Armytek predator springs to mind for a tough light, i am sure i have read with the odd issue reg nitecore and re-coil......dual springs are a must either way in the light to absorb shocks.

pialia

Newly Enlightened
I have none of those two lights myself. But for hunting use I would clearly prefer the MH25 for two reasons:
- longer range
- longer runtime

Add to that your procurement options and I think we have a winner.
But I would wait for advice from some other hunters and owners before deciding if I were you :D

Actually ended up finding a really good price on the MH25 updated 960 lumen version with the exact accessories I needed... guess it pays off to be a googling maniac :D

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore P25 smilodon has picatinny rails x2 already on it. With a male-male rail adapter, you can hoot it to anything anywhere.

I really like having a laser sight and kabar pistol bayonet mounted on mine. The whole setup fits in the back pocket of jeans. With the laser oriented correctly, it will automatically turn off the laser when I sit down due to the way my laser switch is.

I call it "the most tactical light in the world." :)

Then, get a diffuser/filter boot setup.