TK10/T1 or Tiablo A9 ????

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the A9 will do a better job in shinning someone's face with higher lumens rating :laughing:

As long as you can keep that little hot spot on their face. :) That was kinda my point, the DBS/Tiablo have such a small hot spot to hit someone in the face, and keep it there, might be a challenge. The TK10's larger hot spot would be harder to dodge. Also if you're trying to see around your house that intense hot spot from the Tiablo/DBS would make it harder to see your surroundings. I never herad anyone suggest a Tiablo A9/DBS (a thrower) for close quarters use.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Lowes Task force because i can't afford the others right now. Let me tell you, for 30 bucks this thing throws a ton. Forget my yard, I can check the neigbors yard four houses down!

My Lowes Task Force gave me about 6,240 lux, about the same as my TK10. The Dereelight DBS does 26,000+ lux.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
doesnt the forward clickie not work with the 2 modes, ie you lose one mode?

Yup! But you only lose low mode, so it's not that big of a deal.

If your A9 is black, and you get the black forward clickie, it's not going to be a perfect match. But, the forward clickie designed to replace the reverse clickie on the A8/A9 is one of (if not the best) forward clickies I have ever found. This thing is designed, perfectly!

You can use it for momentary-on, and not worry about accidentally pushing the switch down all the way until it clicks on. It takes a very deliberate push to click it on. The only other forward clickie I've found that also works that way, is the one on my Brinkmann Maxfire LX.

You lose low mode, the ability to attach a lanyard, and the ability to tail stand the A9. But it's worth it, considering you get one of the best forward clickies ever designed.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use it for momentary-on, and not worry about accidentally pushing the switch down all the way until it clicks on. It takes a very deliberate push to click it on.

I won a light at the PF10 get together called the Urnabeam Hunter. It has a forward clicky that sounds like what you describe on the Tiablo. I have to press pretty hard to get it to click, and it's a weak little clicking feel once you engage it. I wonder if it is a similar set up. This Urnabeam is an okay light, but it goes low, high, strobe, low, high, strobe. It also has memory, it remembers the last mode you used, and when you turn it on, it skips to the next mode. :) So if I was in high, it will turn on in strobe. Not real crazy about the UI, but it was free and came with a protected 18650 and charger, so I'm not complaining. :)

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I won a light at the PF10 get together called the Urnabeam Hunter. It has a forward clicky that sounds like what you describe on the Tiablo. I have to press pretty hard to get it to click, and it's a weak little clicking feel once you engage it. I wonder if it is a similar set up....

The forward clickie for the A8/A9 does indeed require a hard press. But what you feel is definitely not weak. The tailcap is worth every penny of the $16 asking-price on Lighthound. (That's actually a bargain). :)

So.... You won a free light.... So Jealous! :mad::p