• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN36UTvn - Pop Can King

ven

Flashaholic
Take the pics as rough, they never do justice(well unless it's Uled :laughing: ) as the brightness overwhelms the camera and it can't pick up all the spill.

The cool is nice on the xhp70 anyway, so which every you get you will be happy with. If you want max lumens stick with dome on, just decide which , neutral or cool. I would go for neutral personally, but either I would have if makes sense.

Go for it :)

ProCharger

Enlightened
I really think you will have a hard time seeing much of a difference in the flood abilities if all of vinh's tn36 versions were in person. The hotspots in the pictures tend to make the camera step down where the outer flood is not as noticable in a picture as in person. My tree line in my back yard is 20 meters, with my spec 3 you can't hide anything in the entire flood from edge to edge at that distance. I think you should be more concerned with what color/tint you are wanting.

Edit: ven beat me to it, was typing my response when he posted.

Last edited:

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I got mine about six weeks ago. Wide, floody beam, and the entire width of the beam is very bright. This item is the biggest ceiling bounce monster in its size class. This item will be the king of two and a half inch diameter pop can lights for the time being, Vinh assured me. :)

Hi , which tint did u get, dome on or off? any beam pics? about to order, thanks

ProCharger

Enlightened
Quick question for those with this light. When on turbo does your light step down after a while or completely shut off? Tonight I was running turbo for maybe 90 seconds and instead of a step down my light completely shut off. So after a few seconds I hit turbo agsin thinking it was a fluke, 30 seconds later it shut off again.

My light is a tn36 print, so assuming tn36 driver (guts) built to tn36utvn specs. The tn36 is suppose to have a thermal step down from what I have read but maybe I am not seeing the step down.

Edit: batteries are lg mj1, all batteries were 3.9-4.0 volts when pulled.

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just run 2 minutes turbo on my tn36utvn. I am running lg mj1. It doesnt step down or shut off.. It does got hot.

ProCharger

Enlightened
Just did it again with a timer, 1 minute 12 seconds (72 seconds) full shut off while tail standing on turbo with a tower fan on it about 6 feet away. :(

ProCharger

Enlightened
Just tried it again with the batteries I got from Vinh. 58 seconds on turbo then light shuts itself off. Pulled batteries immediately, measures between 4.03-4.06 all 4 batteries using 2 different digital meters that run well over $100 (quality).

ProCharger

Enlightened
Looks identical to mine. Wonder if it is something to do with the driver. I will have to email Vinh and see what he says. Thank you for your help.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the tn36vn also. It does not shut off but gets too hot to hold after 1 minute.

I don't have those red wires on the springs of my battery carrier tho!

And I just tried burning a receipt. It started to smoke within seconds!

Last edited:

ProCharger

Enlightened
I have the tn36vn also. It does not shut off but gets too hot to hold after 1 minute.

I don't have those red wires on the springs of my battery carrier tho!

And I just tried burning a receipt. It started to smoke within seconds!
the wires are there for the current boost, vinh's magic. Gotta be real careful and make sure you lock out these lights. Accidental turn on can definitely start a fire, stock or not.

I did talk to Vinh, I am sure all will be good soon.

Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts