• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN36UTvn - Pop Can King

markcorndog

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh its been a while since my last batch of lights
Its so hard trying to decide which light next lol

Cant resist one of these though
Email and Paypal sent
TN36UTvn

TN36vn w/ XHP70 $243 Lumen boost only

Cool White

Extra Options:
A) +$12 Thermal pad cooling
B) + $5 for "V54" Engraved
E) + $20 International shipping

Paypal sent $280.00

start90a

Newly Enlightened

Extra Options:
A) +$12 Thermal pad cooling
B) + $5 for "V54" Engraved
C) + $7 Dark Heated Bezel
D) + $5 for top color (email for color options)
E) + $20 International shipping
F) +$12 Shaved Dome, improved throw and perfect beam

I'm very interested in but I've some questions...

Has the modded TN36UTvn any Thermal control?
Someone can post a pair of photo of Dark Heated Bezel, Sand blast bezel? and last: top color is for the Led tint like PDT or is a colored flashlight head ?
thanks guys

ven

Flashaholic
The colour is around the reflectors , so on the face.

Yes thermal control , but when using ,if it gets too warm/hot then dial it down a couple of modes to aid cooling. So never rely on the thermal control (or step downs )on vinh lights. Go off the in hand temp and never leave on and unattended .

mjgsxr

Enlightened
I have owned my TN36UTvn since last year. Still loving it. Great light, hand warmer and now firer lighter LOL. Was using it tonight and decided to hold some news paper in front of the beam in turbo and before to long we had fire. Good to know if you run out of matches. Just shows how far leds have come, this things beam hotter in turbo than most of my incan lights.:clap:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine about six weeks ago. Wide, floody beam, and the entire width of the beam is very bright. This item is the biggest ceiling bounce monster in its size class. This item will be the king of two and a half inch diameter pop can lights for the time being, Vinh assured me. :)

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I can say is wow! I got cw dedomed and it's amazing. Nice tint and of course it's a retina burner. Vinh did great with this one.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea bigburly, I also got tn36utvn cw dedomed. It is super bright. It's brighter than car headlights. I am curious what kind of battery are you using? I am using lg mj1 3500.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea bigburly, I also got tn36utvn cw dedomed. It is super bright. It's brighter than car headlights. I am curious what kind of battery are you using? I am using lg mj1 3500.

I'm using the same. I use those in a lot of my lights. One of my workers has an LED lightbar on his truck, my light completely overtook it.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am trying to calculate the run time on tn36utvn. Let's say we are using 3500 mah. Turbo runtime will be 13 min. High 60 min. Medium mode will be 195 min. Please correct me if I did something wrong.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Never worked run time out exactly or measured amp draw. From use I was getting about 10mins of turbo time with the 3000mah so what you said sounds about right.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
This was from my testing with VTC5 batteries.

I finally got around to doing a runtime test on this light. I ran it 1 minute at a time and checked voltage. It ran hotter than I cared for at one minute so I ended up wrapping a ice pack around it to help keep it cool, it still got very hot, but not hurt your hand hot. I used VTC5 batteries for the test.

Starting voltage
16.76v
1 min 16.31v
2 min 16.00v
3 min 15.68v
4 min 15.4v
5 min 15.1v
6 min 14.8v
7 min 14.6v
8 min 14.3v
9 min 14.2v
10 min 13.95
11 min 13.75v

Right at 11 minutes the indicator light turned from blue to red and dropped the brightness down. I also did amp draw on the battery at the beginning and end of run. I charged the batteries enough so the indicator light was blue on turbo and rechecked amp draw.

Start
16.76v
ML 55ma
Low 120ma
Med 752ma
High 2374ma
Turbo 11.5 amps

End
13.95v
ML 68ma
Low 152ma
Med 909ma
High 2880ma
Turbo 7.5 amps

Slight charge
14.25v
Turbo 10.15 amps

So on all modes but turbo it does maintain brightness output.

J-mosh

Newly Enlightened
I received my tn36utvn dedome version! This light is sick!!!! I live vinh lights so much I want to get rid of all my stock lights. I'm waiting on batteries to charge to play with this and my m43vn driver vnx2 goldilocks edition at the same time. I must say I'm glad that I found this forum

Saul Good

Enlightened
I received my tn36utvn dedome version! This light is sick!!!! I live vinh lights so much I want to get rid of all my stock lights. I'm waiting on batteries to charge to play with this and my m43vn driver vnx2 goldilocks edition at the same time. I must say I'm glad that I found this forum

Yup. You're hooked. No stock light will probably ever make the cut for you again. Maybe a Zebralight would...

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened

You are a whole lot happier then your bank account I bet.

Latest posts