• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

jarobi

Enlightened
Received the Nichia219 B10 driven by 2.4-3.7V boost driver, 3-mode and had a chance to put it through its paces in an E1E. great piece of kit. thanks!

SparkLite

Newly Enlightened
I got two of these badboys from Tana about a week ago...

P1100333_zps7088f0d4.jpg

First one was a single mode nichia driven at 350mA for about 85 lumens, the second was a two mode (10%/100%) neutral white XPG2.
I wanted them to update two of my early model E-series lights but the twin mode XPG may end up in another light...

P1100329_zps22edc20a.jpg

P1100327_zps9c8c3c98.jpg

P1100322_zps283ba19e.jpg

Anyway, as I promised Tana, I took them out and got some beam shots in the type of environment that they'll be used in. I regularly got for night time walks along these bush tracks (because it's too damn hot during the day) and some of the local inhabitants make it necessary to cary a bright torch with a nice wide spill beam. The colour of the terrain (mostly red) also requires a neutral to warm tint to be able to see properly, some of the cooler white tints look absolutely pitiful due to the ability of the rocks to soak up the blue cast to the light... Warmer tinted lights also make it easier to discern holes and washouts in the tracks which are very hard to see with a cool white torch, unless you're pumping out bulk lumens...

Control shot with the Patrol headlights (lowbeam):

P1100288_zps5ca86d2e.jpg

Stock standard E1e incan:

StockE1e2_zpsa884fbaf.jpg

SingLED Nichia Single mode dropin:

SingLEDN219_zpsb2c7b8bf.jpg

SingLED XPG2 High mode:

XPG25_zpseccf60f3.jpg

SingLED XPG2 Low mode:

XPGlowmode_zpsf2298b12.jpg

I'm sure that if I played around a bit more I could have got better beamshots but I think this is a fair representation of the outputs, although they look even better in person and the full moon wasn't helping tonight...

Overall I'm very impressed; great communication from Tana, very quick turnaround time, excellently made fully customized dropins and very impressive and extremely handy outputs from both units!!! Thankyou Tana very much!!!!!!

Now I just need to do a runtime test on the single mode nichia... :)

Last edited:

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT SingLED Nichia219 or XPG2 E-series modules/towers

Hi Tana,

Any possibility we'll see a boost driver for single cell primary/LFP that has only two modes and no memory? I'd love one in Nichia 219 for my E1E...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Tana,

Any possibility we'll see a boost driver for single cell primary/LFP that has only two modes and no memory? I'd love one in Nichia 219 for my E1E...

Nope, sorry... only 3-mode with memory when off if planned to be used with your mentioned cells... I honestly didn't have much time to concentrate more on boost driver 1 or 2 mode as majority are using li-ion 3.7V cells... two modes no memory is only available for 1xli-ion cell and 2xCR123 cell...

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tana, just sent you an order via PM for a Nichia unit for my E2E. Thanks!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

FINALLY HOME !!!

It's time to start kicking down this awaiting list that got created in 30 days period... :)

FatRat

Newly Enlightened

Tana,i want a 4 mode moon,low mid high with mem for li-ion or 2 primaries.nichia 219 B10.i want a moon mode as low as kdv2 moon and NO visible pwm. thinking moon,5%,30%,100%.Opinions or feedback please!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tana,i want a 4 mode moon,low mid high with mem for li-ion or 2 primaries.nichia 219 B10.i want a moon mode as low as kdv2 moon and NO visible pwm. thinking moon,5%,30%,100%.Opinions or feedback please!

Too easy... :)

Sending PM...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any way to get a 3 mode Moon, Low, High?

Funny you have asked, that's exactly what I was brewing last night for Ian... It's basically Moon-Low2-High with Moon being Moon, Low2 is about 8% and High is at 1.05 Amps... with no memory it's a really good spread... :) This might be my new favorite mode setup...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

13 down, too many to go... ready for today's 105 miles trip to ship them out... :)

Majority are SingLEDs but few are TripLEDs and single Extreme...

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are the MAN.

Just so y'all know, Tana told me it would be about 10 days before he could ship my SingLED due to his backlog from being in the USA. Today is exactly 10 days.

Excellent service! Really looking forward to putting it in my E2E.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened

Funny you have asked, that's exactly what I was brewing last night for Ian... It's basically Moon-Low2-High with Moon being Moon, Low2 is about 8% and High is at 1.05 Amps... with no memory it's a really good spread... :) This might be my new favorite mode setup...

I think I would like to get one of these!

Minimoog

Enlightened

I have received both my LED modification modules today - one a custom three mode (moon, low, high) and the other a custom two mode for my E1e (both running primary lithium cells) and I am absolutely happy with them. I have just come back from a walk along some very dark lanes and both units proved their worth.

So thank you to Tana for creating these - I can't recommend them highly enough.

Last edited:

Sofastreamer

Newly Enlightened

since i got a spare malkoff single aa body, i wonder if you could put an xpg2 on a .8-4.2 volt driver with moon med high in one of my kl1 heads?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have received both my LED modification modules today - one a custom three mode (moon, low, high) and the other a custom two mode for my E1e (both running primary lithium cells) and I am absolutely happy with them. I have just come back from a walk along some very dark lanes and both units proved their worth.

So thank you to Tana for creating these - I can't recommend them highly enough.

THAT was super fast... it takes whole day to go from one part of Croatia to Zagreb but it reached UK in 3 days total... awesome... thanks for the update and glad you like them, that Moon-Low2-High is being my favorite now... which is basically Low-Med-High with wider spread...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

since i got a spare malkoff single aa body, i wonder if you could put an xpg2 on a .8-4.2 volt driver with moon med high in one of my kl1 heads?

Sorry, no plans on modding KL1 heads series for now, only KX1 and KX2 (and variations on theme, E1B, E2DL, etc)... I might cost few bucks more to use that driver in KX1/KX2 head but it would be a nice upgrade with wide cell support, honestly...

Latest posts