Toaster? Calling on CPF for that oh-so-unique odd advice...

B@rt

Flashaholic
fd0cc91a.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back to toasters - We just picked up a Black and Decker "toast it all plus". Has bagel setting (only energizes the inner coils), super wide slots, slide out crumb tray, alignment grid arms that clamp the toasted article in the center of the slot and a very easy to adjust temp control (with the generic 1-5 marks on the case). I think it was about $25 at a B&D outlet store.

Black and Decker Toasters

p19950B.JPG
p19953B.JPG

Available in black or white. Simple, reliable, and effective.

Previous toaster was also a B&D (still works - just couldn't do bagels without squashing them) used for nearly 10 years without a problem...

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
My parents where married in 1954 they received a toaster as a wedding gift. It is a Sunbeam, it is chrome with black handles, a two slice toaster. The elctrical cord is cloth. I was married in 1995, my parents gave me the toaster. (I think they wanted a excuse to buy a new one). I recomend a basic Sunbeam toaster.
Patrick Hayes
Charlotte NC

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gawd, I LOVE the internet!

Do yall remember Larry "BUD" Melman, on the OLD David Letterman show, when he used to advertise "Toast on a Stick"?

toast.jpg

avusblue

Enlightened
Let me add a little wrinkle to this engaging discussion. We eat a lot of frozen pizza and I've thought one of those countertop pizza ovens like you see at snack bars and the like would be useful. They are, say, 18 by 18 inches, and maybe 4 inches high with an opening drawer for the pizza. You wouldn't have to heat up and make a mess out of the kitchen oven. Anyone have experience with one of these? Brands to recommend or places to get one? I just did a quick ebay search for "pizza oven" and I only see used ones of the kind I'm thinking of.

Saaby

Flashaholic
*munch munch* excuse the crumbs, I'm just so happy
smile.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
*munch* as we have toast again!

After some shopping the other day my mom concluded that we could get the Mid-Line Sunbeam at Wal-Mart for $25 or the top-of-the line one at Costco for $25...so I was just waiting for her to make the quest to Costco again and pick it up.

Well we were at Freddys (Like Wal-Mart, only different) and they happened to have the fancy Sunbeam for $30--BUT we just happened to have cupon that brought it to something like $26 so we got it.

*Nice* toaster--it does Bagel, Pastry, Waffle with a frozen and keep warm function and it beeps when your toast is done and...yummmmm

BTY: It has 12, count them 12 LEDs!!

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Noooooooo....

The toaster thread can't be over. It started off quick, the pace slowed in the middle bringing the reader to a full and wholesome conclusion. Damn enlightening.

Anyone else have any other small kitchen applicance questions?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
"Vita-Mix"!!
grin.gif

I agree, with all this modern, space-age, rocket science, talk around here - it was a bit of a "break" to talk about toasters!

I like the idea of the one with the "bagel function" where only the inside elements heat up, wish mine did that!

And Saaby says his has 12 LEDS...now I'm going to have to find one with a flat screen LCD status monitor (oh and it had better be touch screen programmable)! Maybe Sony has one? "The Toastman"...

Saaby

Flashaholic
Sigman, you didn't read If IBM made toasters from above didn't you...

If Sony made toasters...
Their Toastman, which would be barely larger than the single piece of bread it is meant to toast, can be conveniently attached to your belt.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, if Toast on a stick didn't do anything, does anyone remember from Ren and Stimpy, POWDERED TOAST MAN?

epptm.jpg

Here is the summary of the episode:
Synopsis-
Disguised as Pastor Toast Man, the cool youth deacon, Powdered Toast Man sits in his government office awaiting calls from those in distress. He rescues hapless citizens--but usually to their detriment. Having saved the president from being stuck in his own zipper, Powdered Toast Man assumes control of the highest office in the land while the president recovers. As president, Powdered Toast Man frees the citizens of their basic human rights and rekindles the oval office fireplace with the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.
=======================

HONEST, I'm not makin' this stuff up!

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Ratus:
A toaster with a window? Like your bread needs to see outside.
yellowlaugh.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah sounds like another Half-Baked idea
grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
yellowlaugh.gif
Budd... yer killin' me!!
yellowlaugh.gif
Yes, I do remember both toast on a stick and Powdered Toast Man...
yellowlaugh.gif

Remember The Log?
grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Aw, I got a late start at this thread and it's nearly died! *sigh*

I'd have pushed for the toaster oven. Not only can you toaast all those things that a regular toaaster will gag on, not only can you solder in one, you can even fix Thanksgiving Dinner in one!

Here's a shot of a cheapo WallyWorld toaster-oven (about $17 when it was new) disgorging turkey with stuffing (home made) for two ...

turkey01.jpg

That's the old backup, the new one is much nicer, but ...
grin.gif

tomsig01.gif

==o==

Saaby

Flashaholic
whiskypapa--I should have specified...

A)The handle wouldn't stay down on the old, dead toaster. If you wanted to toast your food you had to stand there and hold the handle down.

B)For some reason the coils were burning hotter. VS the usual ~2 minutes for a piece of decent toast it would almost burn after about a minute. NO, the bread was not overly dry.