Toaster? Calling on CPF for that oh-so-unique odd advice...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by Saaby:
Sigman, you didn't read If IBM made toasters from above didn't you...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If Sony made toasters...
Their Toastman, which would be barely larger than the single piece of bread it is meant to toast, can be conveniently attached to your belt.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You know I did and forgot, that's where it came from! Subliminal seeds planted everywhere!! Conspiracy theories abound! I'd better check for "implanted micocircuits"!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by Ratus:
A toaster with a window? Like your bread needs to see outside.
yellowlaugh.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nooooo, it's for you to watch the hamsters inside! (yeah, I know - sick!)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

..too late I know, (my monitor finally died last week after a final wack with the 2 pound sledge) but just had to add my suggestion; the Philips toaster about $25-30 from a Target store..I have gone through several toasters, including the Cuisinart which did NOT toast dark enough for me even on the highest setting. The Philips is simple, has a kinda retro look, and does everything. Nice dark toast if you want it and quicker than the others including the Cuisinart..toast one side if you like for those hero roll sandwiches, and has a warming rack, defrosts..poifeckt.
( ..but, be careful of suggestions from one James S who is known to have matching salt n' pepper n' DDT shakers on his kitchen table..)
wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Re: Toaster? Calling on CPF for that oh-so-unique

He he...ok I was real bored today. Here's the toaster booting.

booting.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bet you only bought it for the LEDs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder if you could mod the LEDs to light up the entire room? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

Saaby

Flashaholic

Probably not. It always has 1 lit and you can have as many as 4 lit. The only time they are all lit is when you first plug it in, then just one for "darkness" of toast is lit. You can choose "frozen" or "warm" which will light the appropiate indicator LED and then "Bagel" "Pastery" or "Waffle" which also all have their own LED. Where's the 4th come in? When you push the carraige lever down and toasting begins the "darnkess" LEDs act as a sort of count down timer. Hard to describe but makes perfect sense when you see it in person. Maybe I'll have to make an animated gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
*Nice* toaster...BTY: It has 12, count them 12 LEDs!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh no, you have the wheels turning in my head again. * BLAM! *

A super-efficient IR LED toaster! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Wow, another way that LEDs can benefit humanity.
Don't laugh, we had a RayChem heat shrinker at my last job that would shrink heat-shrink and RayChem solder splices with IR light, and very fast, I might add.

And perhaps next priority would be portability.
Could someone proficient with physics calculate if toast can be made from say, 4 AAs?
And yes, it does need to be patented before Sony gets wind of the idea.

Saaby

Flashaholic

Oooh...SM Ir LEDs

If I can find a job and a bunch cheap online (It'd need several I assume) I'm all over it!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

We have been too serious here lately, here is a "classic" from more fun times here on CPF!

Saaby

Flashaholic

The toaster is still working great, BTY. Makes excellent toast every morning. I SWEAR the LEDs are red/green--when you unplug it they flicker green and I've seen pics of it with green LEDs, so I just need to figure out the secret key combo to change the LED color. Christmas mode? That would be fun...