Too Many CR123 Batteries!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
One of the reasons why I had no worries in getting a SF M6 is because I have a couple of cases of CR123 cells from Surefire. I also have SF lights still running on the cells they came with. And, I was surprised at the number of Duracell CR123s I have. (All came with lights I purchased).

Not sure how it happened, but I have enough 2xCR123 lights to equip a small army! :shrug:

Last edited:

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
I have a simple solution to your problem Zenster...just drop $4000 :paypal:and buy yourself a Surefire Beast II. These things eat 20 lithiums in one shot, about every 1-2 hours. Spend a weekend camping and you'll have no batteries left...or give 'em to us :D

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand that we get free primaries with some light purchases, but what I DON'T understand is people that BUY primaries when rechargables make so much more sense. I will NEVER buy primaries again.

simply because, its simple....no hassles with making sure they charge properly, etc etc, and the Moon mode...

Crenshaw

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to be a hardcore primaries-only kind of guy. I simply didn't want to deal with the hassles of rechargeables. But then my friend convinced me to use an AW RCR123 in my Surefire ML-1x...and the difference just blew me away. The same is true with a few stock Surefires and LED Drop-ins for the older lights.

You get brighter light in the LEDs that take them, plus you always have the option of going back to primaries for emergency situations. For lights that I use every day, I use rechargeables. For instance, I have two RCR123s for my ML-1x. One is always charged and ready for instant swapping out when the other is done. I always have 6 primaries in a spares carrier in the car and a box of primaries around somewhere...so if there was a long period of time that I'm unable to recharge the battery (pretty unlikely), I could fall back on primaries.

I honestly never thought I'd be using rechargeables in my Surefires...but the protected Lithium Ion batteries have come a long way in terms of usability and knowing that I don't need to spend so much every year on primaries makes this hobby a little bit easier to manage. Granted, I still use ONLY primaries in my M3 and M6...but I hardly use those lights anyway, so it's not a big deal.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to be a hardcore primaries-only kind of guy. I simply didn't want to deal with the hassles of rechargeables. But then my friend convinced me to use an AW RCR123 in my Surefire ML-1x...and the difference just blew me away. The same is true with a few stock Surefires and LED Drop-ins for the older lights.

You get brighter light in the LEDs that take them, plus you always have the option of going back to primaries for emergency situations. For lights that I use every day, I use rechargeables. For instance, I have two RCR123s for my ML-1x. One is always charged and ready for instant swapping out when the other is done. I always have 6 primaries in a spares carrier in the car and a box of primaries around somewhere...so if there was a long period of time that I'm unable to recharge the battery (pretty unlikely), I could fall back on primaries.

I honestly never thought I'd be using rechargeables in my Surefires...but the protected Lithium Ion batteries have come a long way in terms of usability and knowing that I don't need to spend so much every year on primaries makes this hobby a little bit easier to manage. Granted, I still use ONLY primaries in my M3 and M6...but I hardly use those lights anyway, so it's not a big deal.

For me it's the opposite! I was a rechargeable only guy before I got my first SF light. Like I said, out of 74 CR123A bought since last summer, I only used 4. Many lights I don't use that much are now on primaries. I even got a bunch of lithium AA for my low drain devices (no more leak) and for my car backup lights. I still use rechargable for my general use lights, most of my AA lights and my high drain ones (ROP).