• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TOOLvn- Best IMR10440 Clicky of 2015

AussieRanga

Enlightened
Vinh, I tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full..

Can anyone comment on the differences between the 219C and XP-L HI 6000K?

I have read that the new 219C handles current very well and puts out a very decent amount of light..how do the two compare in throw and output? Obviously tint will differ. Probably should just get both..

scintillator

Enlightened
I have a 219c,and a 5000k XPL-HI and can`t tell any difference in tint or output.
So I really like them both!

Tacitus

Enlightened
I was mistaken the light I got was not a Fiat Lux but I am really enjoying the light anyway. I got the 6000k color and I really like it. I took it to the fire station to show it to the boys and everyone was completely in blown away by the amount of light it put out. Thanks again to Vinh for a great product.
Thanks for posting TLI :twothumbs. Did you notice any green or yellow tint? Or, was the beam white? Thanks!

TLI

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for posting TLI :twothumbs. Did you notice any green or yellow tint? Or, was the beam white? Thanks!
It is a very nice white beam. I really like it. I have used it to wire trailer plugs on trucks and it doesn't discolor the wires at all. Just nice and bright:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

vudoo

Enlightened
The first few lights I bought from Vinh and I saw the card with Fiat Lux on it I thought I had a Fiat Lux. Then the excitement went away when I realised its on all the cards. LOL [emoji849]

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first few lights I bought from Vinh and I saw the card with Fiat Lux on it I thought I had a Fiat Lux. Then the excitement went away when I realised its on all the cards. LOL [emoji849]
Wasn't on his older cards so I went through the same thing!

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: look on the bright side............you have fiat lux cards!

One day you will have a FL by surprise, you cant beat it!. You know a special light is coming, then when you open it and see..........well now its extra special;)

uofaengr

Enlightened
I use ordered the Spec 5 AL!! Seriously cannot wait to try this one out!!
Curious which emitter you went with?

Also, how is everyone liking the 219c particularly in comparison to the 219b? Any other comparisons? Gonna have to get one of these with a 219c eventually, I think...

uofaengr

Enlightened
I've seen some reports of greenish tints with these. Wondering how true that is, and how it compares to an XP-L 3D tint. I have one in a BLF A6 that's a pretty nice tint at <5000K but has a hint of green with hints of purple in the spill.

scout24

Flashaholic
Vinh- I'm going to ask a really silly question, and probably get thrown out of your thread... :) Will these run on an Eneloop or Energizer lithium primary in a pinch on the lower modes, or is voltage too low? Second silly question- Still available?

lumentia

Enlightened
I think I can answer this one.....someone please correct me if I'm wrong. ....

No, Vinh replaces the stock driver (with his driver vn2) because it has very visible PWM. Since his driver is not a boost driver it won't have enough voltage with primaries to run any of the led that will be in this light.

A little birdie told me that he has a lot of a certain kind of part for these, and quite a few more available quickly with a quick email. So my guess is he would want to keep building these for a while even though they're hard/tedious to build.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Thank you, lumentia. That's what I get for not reading all 14 pages, which I have since done. Last question- I see reference to "spec-1" and "spec-5". My Vinh-fu is apparently not up to snuff. Could someone explain them pleae? I promise, I read the whole thread and see no description... :eek::eek::ohgeez::ohgeez:

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats scout, you will be amazed by this little power house! I have to ask permission to have a go of Callums, love it!!! Got quite a few 10440 efests now as back ups.......

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Your version is XPG2. XPL is even brighter ;-)

Congrats scout, you will be amazed by this little power house! I have to ask permission to have a go of Callums, love it!!! Got quite a few 10440 efests now as back ups.......

Latest posts