Torch Swap.

Arm and Leg

Banned
I got this idea from another post, but, it sounds interesting.
What do you think?

We swap our torches with others so they can get a chance to play with it, and it goes on and on between others.

Sounds fun eh?

nbp

Flashaholic
I have loaned out to and borrowed lights from several members over the years and it is very helpful when considering something, especially pricey Customs. I wouldn't do it with just anyone though...

Arm and Leg

Banned
I have loaned out to and borrowed lights from several members over the years and it is very helpful when considering something, especially pricey Customs. I wouldn't do it with just anyone though...
Of course, nobody gives out their Tri-V to someone who has 1 post and joined milliseconds ago, I'm meaning valued and trusted members.
I agree with you.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
If you can make it to a PF event, etc...that's what a lot of time is spent doing.

For example, on the East Coast (NJ) PF20 will be May 18 this year...

:D

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also done this before,another member here and I swapped lights for a 2 week period,it worked out ok and both of us would be happy to do it again.

anedae

Newly Enlightened
Another member and I did this not too long ago (it wasn't my thread you got this from, was it?) And it worked out good! It convinced me to get a nichia 219 flashlight (should he here tomorrow!). I would do it again :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm happy with all the positive responses this is getting.
Soon we shall make it official!

When I have done it, it was done privately, whether it was me offering to another member or them offering to me. I don't think I would feel comfortable to just post up: "Hey I have such and such lights and I'll send them to you if you want to play with them!"

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another member and I did this not too long ago (it wasn't my thread you got this from, was it?) And it worked out good! It convinced me to get a nichia 219 flashlight (should he here tomorrow!). I would do it again :)

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Which one did you wind up getting?

Just remember when trading that sometimes packages get damaged/lost/misplaced.....say with a postal worker in training for instance. :whistle:

Would I trade again? Sure.

Last edited:

Viper715

Enlightened
Back when I first joined I became fast friends with a couple members. One of them out of the blue sent me a box full of lights to play with so I could get a taste of everything at once. Not just cheaper lights there was a drake and a Draco one o the original surefire Titans a Aeon and more than I care to name. It was a great gesture and has shaped my love of lights and how I deal with members around here. I've sent lights out to people on different occasions not to everyone but people I trust for one reason or another. I think a swap/trial is more of a personal thing that one may do for someone more than an ongoing thing.

That being said I know of a forum that does a bi yearly; Christmas an July "gift exchange". Which works out very well. The limit is usually set at around $50 but most overspend. It's a neat way to try something you may have never thought of and also get to give somebody a chance to try a light that you enjoy.