Trits.....am i missing something?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dident get the trit fuzz at first. Bought a kuku switch for my v10r and ended up absolutly loving the look of it. Trits are like ****, you have to hold it in your own hands to enyoy them. :)

egrep

Enlightened
+1 (or, well at least two actually)

I dident get the trit fuzz at first. Bought a kuku switch for my v10r and ended up absolutly loving the look of it. Trits are like ****, you have to hold it in your own hands to enyoy them. :)

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone recall offhand what size trits are needed for Steve Ku's trit fins for the Sunwayman V10R ti?

Edit: Looks like the size is 1.5 x 6 mm.

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely you miss this (sorry, this video in Russian):

But in short: vials of Chinese descent (do we have other manufacturers at all?) instead of insanely expensive Tritium ($30000 per gram) use cheaper Crypton-85 which is way more radioactive.

To find out what kind of filament you've got you may with a quality radiometer: if you detect radiation 6 times higher over normal level (0.09-0.14 µSv/h) — you are a proud owner of a Crypton-85 vial ;)

BTW, both gases are a byproduct of nuclear reactors.

Last edited:

jbc247

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered my first trits for a reylight that hasn't arrived yet. Is there a trick to installation? What is the recommended adhesive?

btu

Newly Enlightened
Where can one buy trits these days? The CPF member supplier seems to have gone away years ago.

www.mixglo.com

I have a tritium vial on every light I actually use. Super useful for grabbing the light in the middle of the night. I also have tritium on my keys and a few of my backpacks, same reason.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a keychain trit many years ago (8 or 9 yrs maybe?) that I have on a Quark 123 Tactical set on moonlight, solely for late night bathroom excursions...interestingly enough, that light still has the original 4-Sevens battery in it that came with the light and the trit seems just as bright as when I bought it.