Two new Energizer Cree Flashlights

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlight: The old version could not work with a drop in which which drew anywhere near 1W. It only performed well with the NiteIze maglite drop in. The problem was due to a small inductor which introduced a resistance of over 2 ohms to the circuit. A new version later came out which was reported to perform well with 1W drop-ins but to tell you the truth, after wasting my money on the first version, I lost interest in updating myself with their products.

Marduke, Azoteq also makes the circuit in the NiteIze module. I just checked out their website and they have added a few new products to their list and better yet, does give the option of 'permanent on' instead of having to click the light every 14 1/2 mins. That was a PITA lol.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Re: That drum beating bunny released 3 new lights

Yep, there area already two threads on them:

Last edited by a moderator:

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlight: The old version could not work with a drop in which which drew anywhere near 1W. It only performed well with the NiteIze maglite drop in. The problem was due to a small inductor which introduced a resistance of over 2 ohms to the circuit. A new version later came out which was reported to perform well with 1W drop-ins but to tell you the truth, after wasting my money on the first version, I lost interest in updating myself with their products.

Marduke, Azoteq also makes the circuit in the NiteIze module. I just checked out their website and they have added a few new products to their list and better yet, does give the option of 'permanent on' instead of having to click the light every 14 1/2 mins. That was a PITA lol.

Thanks. I got one recently but it still didn't work with my 1W drop-in sandwich. :( Wished it could just do ON-OFF but had to go back to my Kroll switch instead.

Well anyway hope to see the Energizer Cree lights on sale over here soon at a decent price.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw these at Brightguy. I will order the 2AA Model this week. I really like decent AA lights because I can use lithiums, nimh or in a pinch...alkalines. When I run out of mailorder 123a's... my choices to buy them are more expensive.

I think these lights look pretty good for the price if output is even at all close to specs. Plus multiple levels are nice. I look forward to seeing other nice AA lights coming out. After buying my first 200+ lumen light, I can say that I am happy with versitility they give.

Plut when you are in the woods, AA lithiums can power your gps, digital camera and cellphone charger. 123a's typically will not do that for you.

cybersoga

Newly Enlightened

Duracell invented the drumming bunny.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's a few nice lights in the line - I was impressed enough to order a few models.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can you tell me how to figure out which generation an IQ switch is? Mine's got a noticeable brightness drop with the switch, even without having another light to compare beamshots to. (I assume that makes it the old one. I hope it's the old one!)

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why would you want it to be the old one? The newer version has a more durable switch which is not off center like the original.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because my switch is off center, and I have the brightness drop, I believe it's first-generation. I'd like to be able to spot a second-gen switch if I come across it, as it'd still be a fairly worthwhile upgrade.

Granted, it may be mooted if I make an Auroralite, but I'll just give it and my LED to my grandfather, who loves his mini-mag.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I looked at a 2AA Lithium enclosed Energizer at Target and that one's emitter looked like a Luxeon Rebel.

Yes, that series of lights has either a Lux I, Lux III, or Rebel. That is NOT the series of lights being discussed here.

The ones linked above are not yet available in any B&M store, are multiple mode, and are Cree.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the idea I expressed in another thread about a 2xAA light not having double the run-time of it's 1xAA counterpart. 1xAA on low = 16 hours. The 2xAA should be at least 32 hours, but it is only rated for 24 hours.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the idea I expressed in another thread about a 2xAA light not having double the run-time of it's 1xAA counterpart. 1xAA on low = 16 hours. The 2xAA should be at least 32 hours, but it is only rated for 24 hours.
The 2AA model is putting out twice the lumens.

Hi-Tech Guru

Newly Enlightened
The 2AA model is putting out twice the lumens.

Not quite...according to the spec sheets, the 1AA model is rated 65 lum @ max and the 2AA - 110 lum @ max. No min settings are listed.

Since these new lights are PWM & adjustable, it is not unreasonable to assume that they may have similar output for their lowest settings. But until someone is willing to buy one of each and test them out :whistle:
that remains to be discovered.

Latest posts