UK customers stung for customs on deliveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch79

Newly Enlightened
Re: UK customers stung for customs on FenixStore deliveries

I never understood this customs tax. Whats the point of it. I guess Australia doesnt have anything like this since I have never had something like this happen to me
Yes we do. For personal purchases the limit is AUD$1000 before GST is charged.
Fortunately flash lights mere mortals like myself can afford are well below this ;).

SnWnMe

Enlightened
Re: UK customers stung for customs on FenixStore deliveries

The point of it is so the government collects VAT value added tax,from no matter where it is purchased.Remember the government has ways to "legally" rob it's people and they are masters at it.:devil:

Fixed.

Niconical

Enlightened
I've often thought of mentioning this, but it was never worth starting its own thread, so I'll put it here.

Before getting into flashlights a few months ago, I hadn't really ordered anything from outside the EU.

I did a flurry of orders in my first week or so, then gradually as I started to read more and more on CPF, the subject of EU members getting hit for customs came up.

Many of my orders hadn't arrived yet, so I assumed that some or all had been stopped and there would be fees to pay.

As it turned out, they all arrived in good time, no fees. As I ordered more and more over the months I accepted that at some point I was bound to get stung. Still nothing though. Large value ($100 and more) orders were coming through from the USA no problems.

Then about a month ago I had 2 Malkoffs on the way. Sent priority so there was online tracking, and with the value marked fully of course. The tracking actually showed it as "stopped in Spanish customs", so I thought that was that, the luck had run out.

Anyway, 2 days later I got the delivery, no fees, or even any mention on the package that it was stopped and checked!

My feel-good-story out of the way, back on track with the original post :):):)

Empath

Flashaholic
With the resolution for most being political change, the topic being primarily for CPFM, and accusations directed toward someone that can't defend themselves from charges here, we're closing this thread here.

The Underground would be the safest place for the discussion. The MarketPlace, with a disciplined thread, and approached properly, may be a reasonable second choice for the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts