Universal battery holder (UBH) -fits Ex, KL1, Arc-LS, etc.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it hasn't shown up yet, and the mail has already come today. I was giving it until today to arrive, and then I would start worrying. Now, it's time to start worrying. When did you send it off? It should have been here long since, I think. Most importantly, what did you write on it for Customs declaration?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by McGizmo:
Greg,

I'm sure Mr. R. Goldberg will get right on it for you.
tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Unfortunately, I understood it too!

Brightnorm

TOB9595

Enlightened
Anything happening on this yet. I've bought some of Doug's work. It's mighty fine
smile.gif

(wordier than BTTT)

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please advise if the project is in action or on hold. I plan to get one too.

Alan

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
The plan is in progress. I will be working on another prototype Monday of this week. The first one didn't work out right.
Alan, please email me if you want one.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an update with PICTURES!

I've managed to make a couple of the items, one a prototype in aluminum, the other a production model in brass. The full set of spacers is not yet complete for the brass one, but it's OK otherwise.

Here to whet your appetites -new pix!

UBH-1.jpg

UBH-2.jpg

Here's the whole family:
UBH-3.jpg

The whole family again:
UBH-4.jpg

The spacer set (not including the 1AA):
UBH-5.jpg

And just to prove it works with different battery configs and light heads:
UBH-6.jpg

UBH-7.jpg

UBH-8.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Doug,

Those are very nice!! I like the second O-ring for the Arc skirt! great design and well executed!

- Don

Darell

Flashaholic
Yes sir! The second O-ring would make the LS head quite stable, and keep crap from getting up in there. You're all over this stuff, Doug. What did CPF ever do without you?

(Don - does it seem like I'm just following you around the forum like a puppy dog lately?)

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Great job, Doug! I like the knurling, although it seems a bit ouchy....looks perfect, though!

(darell, don, I'm following both of you around!)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Doug,

Now that you have a 3x123 holder, if you have a KL1 handy, maybe you can get a run time for us? Jolly Roger was going to get around to it but he's been busy following Darell around.
twak.gif

Again, great job!

- Don

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

The knurling is all flattened off, so no ouchies, JollyRoger. As for the 2nd O-ring, that's exactly what it's for, Darell.

Don, my KL series is still on backorder, so it'll be a couple of weeks before I get them.
frown.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
My gosh Doug,

Those are utterly gorgeous! I have a lovely girlfriend, but she would be terribly insulted to know that I consider those mods just as beautiful, in that special way that non-Flashaholics will never understand!

You know I ordered and Paypalled for one complete kit already. Could I Paypal for a second kit, or are you getting so overloaded that it's one to a customer at this point?

Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
In a moment of sheer greediness, I just paypalled you for a second complete set. I couldn't help it; those pictures made me do it!

Brightnorm