Upcoming ArmyTek lights: Ranger, Dragon, Dobermann, Prime

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a well built AA light. Would be nice to know the modes(5 or 8), not sure which one I want. :)

Detox

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Goinggear.com about the Prime model around Thanksgiving when they started listing them on their website. They showed none in stock but replied back that they should have them by a week or so from Armytek. Well, about a month later its still showing zero in stock.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed Goinggear.com about the Prime model around Thanksgiving when they started listing them on their website. They showed none in stock but replied back that they should have them by a week or so from Armytek. Well, about a month later its still showing zero in stock.

Probably waiting for Shot Show 2015 before releasing. Just a guess...:shrug:

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stiff switch is that bad huh. Makes me hesitate about getting the wizard too then.

Assuming it's the same switch as on the Tiara: Yes it is a stuff switch. Certainly not enough to be a deal breaker personally but does require more force to activate than most other lights. I got used to it pretty quick but my girlfriend found it difficult to use and she is not weak.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming it's the same switch as on the Tiara: Yes it is a stuff switch. Certainly not enough to be a deal breaker personally but does require more force to activate than most other lights. I got used to it pretty quick but my girlfriend found it difficult to use and she is not weak.

Darn, without being able to test one myself I cannot know exactly how stiff it is. But from the number of reports I have read, including yours, I am now certain that I will definitely NOT be comfortable with it.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like I can take a stab at estimating the force required in lbs tonight using a scale and some improvisation. I can compare it to some other lights I own. Let me know.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you like I can take a stab at estimating the force required in lbs tonight using a scale and some improvisation. I can compare it to some other lights I own. Let me know.

That is alright. No need to trouble yourself, at least for me. I have a Eagletac D25a that has a stiff switch as well which I am already somewhat uncomfortable with. So thanks anyway. :)

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was bored and decided to do it anyway :) Not super scientific but what I did was put the light on the scale, zero'd it out and then watched the weight recorded as I pushed the switch til it clicked. Obviously not going to be exact but in the right ball park I would say.

Armytek Tiara A1 Pro: Approx 2000g (4.4 lbs)
Zebralight SC52: Approx 900g (2.0 lbs)

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, is it really that stiff guys? Remember these lights are marketed to Mil/PD/LA and other hard users. Maybe some of you should spend more time at the gym and less time surfing CPF:laughing:. Sorry couldnt resist. They probably made it stiff to prevent accidental activation in mission critical scenarios, exc. Maglite has a nice soft switch for you guys:whistle:. Tactical is not for everyone:thumbsup:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was bored and decided to do it anyway :) Not super scientific but what I did was put the light on the scale, zero'd it out and then watched the weight recorded as I pushed the switch til it clicked. Obviously not going to be exact but in the right ball park I would say.

Armytek Tiara A1 Pro: Approx 2000g (4.4 lbs)
Zebralight SC52: Approx 900g (2.0 lbs)

Woo, thanks for test. It doesn't have to be exact but good job comparing. Roughly a bit more than twice the pressure to press compared to sc52. Scary...

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I dont get light makers neutral white offerings either lately. It seems most neutral white offerings these days are in the 4000-4500K range. I dont know about you guys but, I find that to be on the warmer side. My 4300K D25A NW for instance is definitely towards the warm side of things with a slightly orangy yellow hotspot. I would rather see neutral offerings in the 4500-5000K range. Which is closer to pure white/neutral white if you ask me. Does anyone else agree?

Armytek does list the 4000K offering as warm though so, they seem to be more on point with their descriptions. However, from my experience, people dont want "Warm". They want "Neutral"(4500-5000K imo). Take note Armytek:thumbsup:

Last edited: