UPDATE 23-I-08. GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I am.

i wanted to go, but I habe been sooooooooo busy that I did not find time enough to send him my name and so... But he has been so kind to do it.

Thank you!!!

See you there.

dcjs

Newly Enlightened
U04-SE has landed in Germany! :thumbsup:

Looks as advertised on the outside... machining&anodizing isn't flawless, but it's supposed to be a tool after all. The window comes with slight scratches from the factory, and this probably isn't going to get better during use. Well, so be it.

IMG_1342m.jpg

I'm not sure I like the way that LED is "centered" though. In all honesty, this is the poorest LED centering job I have seen in a flashlight, and it looks even worse in person. :(
The beam is probably a typical "OP reflector CREE beam", judging from the very few examples I have seen of this species, meaning it's not picture-perfect but doesn't have bad artifacts or pronounced ringyness either. The poor centering does show in the beam on a white wall though when you turn the light, and this is the first time I have seen such an effect of LED centering on the beam. :sigh:

IMG_1348m.jpg

Overall, my first impression is that of a purpose-built tool that could use just a little more attention to detail in order to make it a great flashlight.

Now I'll be waiting for nightfall... :nana:

Last edited:

merkaba

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived today too... all the way to Australia :D was a really nice supprise, thanks for sending it using DHL Javier :D

dcjs, mine also appears to be slightly off center but not nearly as bad as yours and i cant notice it at all when shining on a wall. I guess i might have gotten lucky but my machining also seems pretty good and i dont have any scratches on the lens.... yet :p

All in all it looks like a really good light Javier... cant wait for night to come!

Free

Enlightened
Got both my T-04, and U-04 lights yesterday, here in Arizona, and they are great. I especially like the little T-04, it is very cute.

The emitters are just barely off center in both my lights, but it is really a non issue, as it doesn't affect the beam at all. Other than that, they are both perfect. Great lights!!

Didn't get my charger, so I was wondering if that was still coming.

Thanks Javier. :)

alauda

Enlightened
Arrived safely in the UK. All I can say is a very big THANK YOU. I have just used the T-04 for a night time walk...and what a fabulous light it is. It has a tremendous throw AND spill.

Thank you so much Javier...you have a huge fan.

PS dmdrewitt..you have a real treat coming

BluGav

Newly Enlightened
I have received my new charger, and can say that this is a fantastic and very well designed product. It is a huge improvement on the old charger, and feels very solid.

I also want to say a huge THANKYOU to Barbolight for servicing my U-15. This is such a great lamp, and it will continue to light my way in our dark Scottish waters for many years.

Thankyou, :thumbsup:
Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.