• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired USL Buyers Notice! Check amounts please!!!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL Buyers Notice!!!!

Still no notice to me either. My email went at 8:14 AM PST.

They told me their executive management people were off weekends, which is why a emailed so early.

Maybe they take Fridays, too.

Bill

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't send checks until you see refunds, guys.

I'll try to lean on them in a few minutes. (For whatever thats worth!!)

Bill

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL Buyers Notice!!!! Refunds Completed!

Refunds have been completed according to PayPal and as recorded in my account.

If you paid between 3/7 and 3/10, please check your PayPal account.

For those of you ONLY able to PayPal another PayPal account, please PM me and we will work something out.

We WILL make this work out for everyone.

Bill

Dynacolt

Enlightened

Codeman (& Bill & everyone else here)
I am always sceptical and even more so with the internet and all its scams and ripoffs, but I've been severely impressed by everyone on CPF (apart from the rare deranged member here eg the inimitable Goncz, who at least gave us all some giggle-value).
As a rational person, I would generally be hesitant to send over $400 half-way across the world for a product that hasn't been built yet, and then have to trust the global postal system. However, I've had nothing but help and positive experiences here with all the members I've had contact with, and I fully trust all those involved in making this a reality /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
We might be a fanatical and moderatley eccentric bunch, but I get warm and fuzzy feelings knowing that we have so many people here with real integrity (and a passion for flashlights that many just cannot comprehend).
Thanks Bill and Ray and the others who are working on this project, I applaud your patience and commitment to satisfying the ever-changing whims of the rest of us here.

Dave.

paulr

Flashaholic

My refund came (full amount) and was refunded back to my credit card. I'm still away from home but will send a check tomorrow.

mst3k

Enlightened

Ok, well interesting. My original payment of $417 was made on March 6, so I guess that part of it is ok. What I got back was a refund for the payment I made on 3/8 ($19 for the probe and 2 spare lamps).

So do I just send a check for that? Just making sure.

Thanks in advance.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Bill, I reread the thread and in your first post, there was something about holding the funds for 180 days. Are you having to go "out-of-pocket" for the components/machining etc? I, and probably others here am/are willing to help!

Frenchie and KevinL/others, I am willing to send a check to Bill to replace your PayPals if he hasn't already found someone.

What a classic case of "No good deed goes unpunished!" Not to mention, the beatings will undoubtedly continue until (our) morale improves. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Larry

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Larry,

Perhaps one of the most generous offers ever!

I appreciate everybodies help.

PayPal has refunded everything they had held.

My account is at zero now.

One member has a positive balance with me, but the rest has been refunded to him.

He NEEDs to pay a PayPal account.

I'm going to talk with Codeman and see if we can get a list of those who can't pay by check and then maybe we can set something up through a third party if we do it slowly.

Bill

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I only received a $9 credit which was for the probe? Is this the only refund? Did my first payment of $437 make it through?

Fat_Tony

Enlightened

Hi Bill and Ray. Much like jtivat, it appears that my PayPal account only received a refund for the $ 9.00 for the probe that I originally sent on 03/08/05 (that date is taken from PayPal). Should I keep checking my PayPal account over the next few days for a refund of the amount that I sent on 03/07/05? Sorry to be a PITA, but I am hoping that you guys will have more insight into what I should be looking for. PM me if necessary. Thanks, guys. (This would be funny if it wasn't so annoying, wouldn't it?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

mst3k,

If all you got was for bulbs and the probe, the rest had cleared.

Only one member, Part time cop, got a partial refund of the main light price.

Bill

Catman10

Enlightened

It looks like my payment has been refunded, but that it has had fees taken off of it. The whole transaction has resulted in getting nothing, but a pain in the *** for Bill and a cost for me of $20. Anyone have any information on this?

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Re: USL Buyers Notice!!!! REFUNDS COMPLETED!!!

Bill,

Check is in its envelope and I'll mail it early tomorrow because I'm in for the night. Hope that's OK.

Brightnorm

mst3k

Enlightened
Re: USL Buyers Notice!!!! REFUNDS COMPLETED!!!

This is so funny. Well, in a weird way. Your whole financial "thing" with paypal came to a crashing demise, and mostly its a bunch of guys after the deadline ordering things that cost less than ten bucks????

I don't mean to undermine this at all. Its just an observation. Meaning, maybe it aint all that bad????

Dudes, I had some suds.................:)

I know Im gonna wake up and read this tomorrow and think. Dude dont' post drunk!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
tvodrd said:
Frenchie and KevinL/others, I am willing to send a check to Bill to replace your PayPals if he hasn't already found someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry, thank you! That would save us a whole lot of trouble. I could probably get a USD bank check made out to Bill but I'm concerned about whether he would run into unexpected delays cashing it (I have tried cashing international stuff myself and been advised that it may take up to 4 weeks, and I wouldn't want to put anybody through that!)

Bill, Ray, I've received my refund, thanks. No need to apologize because it is not your fault. We will find a way to get you guys the payment.

Rest-of-the-USL-refund-recipients: Surprisingly, Paypal did not send me an email about the refunds. I had to log in to my account, but it was right there at the top of the list. You guys might want to check the account directly to see if it is there?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Larry,

Thanks for the offer and I really appreciate it!

I have found a solution which may save a step for those who MUST PayPal.

Please PM me for more details.

Bill

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

mst3k,

Actually, there were quite a few who were still paying there USL fees who got caught in the back wash, so to speak.

Bill

Finbar

Newly Enlightened

How about the overseas orders PP several of the US people that are ordering and those in the US send the check, MO, etc. to the maker?

That is, not everyone overseas PP the same person. Maybe one overseas PP to one US person on you list.

Another option would be to start a website where you can accept credit cards, PP, MO, WU, etc.. Someone had a thread about that here recently. Within the last week. I think that person was offering to run a website for people b/s lights and stuff here. Either that or just offering the space. I think he had a link for free web os commerce.

I can look up the thread in question if needed.

Good Luck,
Fin