USL updates!!!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point Bill! Actually I was thinking more if some chemicals accidentally contaminated the bezel, well.. lead makes me stupid, I am already dumb enough, and I don't want to make it worse..

Hallis, I'm gonna use good ole fashioned unhealthy as heck OIL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If ya just cook yore bacon furst, you won't need no oil!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was afraid I would be caught short when the USL arrived, so I did a little shopping yesterday, then to the garage to whip up a couple of parts. Now, I'm good to go.

The parts

Pict0247.jpg

Pict0248.jpg

Putting it together

Pict0243.jpg

How do you like your eggs?

Sunny side up

Pict0253.jpg

Over easy

Pict0254.jpg

Scrambled

Pict0255.jpg

Breakfast is ready

Pict0258.jpg

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif Jim, it has a chance of actually working if you can fixture the light above the pan and pointing downwards! (Based on my limited experience burning/roasting/toasting/frying stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
JimH, it looks like you'll have to be the one to offer up the USL cooking kit! Go ahead and sign me up!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

On a sad note, my father is dying. The Parkinson's has reached the final stages, so a morphine drip is being started today to ease his pain. Most of the family had a chance to talk with him earlier today. Perfect goodbyes don't exist, but we came about as close as humanly possible. Even in times of great sadness, there are things to be grateful for. I'm really glad to be able to see those things right now. CPF, and specifically the USL family, are definitely on my gratitude list.

I may not be around CPF much for the next however long, though I do hope to check it as I can. I hope to continue to take care of USL business as it arises, but I may not be as quick to respond as I have before. I just wanted everyone to know why.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that Ray. That time is always rough, even when it's expected.

I'll try to think up some more cool USL stuff to cheer you up. I'm sure Larry must have at least one rib tickler just waiting to be unleashed.

vontech

Newly Enlightened
Ray,

Thanks for the pictures. Tremendous job!!

As for your father, my very sincere condolences. My own father passed away after a long bout with pulmonary fibrosis. The morphine eased his pain, and he slipped gently away.

You will always remember this last time with him ...

Tom

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
My father passed last year at 84, and I was there the evening before and knew as he did the time had come. Later, In the middle of the night, when I got the phone call, I went outside and shined my light up at the sky for a while.

After typing that, I can see I'm not over it yet.

Hang in there, Ray.

Larry

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys,

I'll say thanks for Ray, though I'm sure he will be back to do so himself.

If there is a question that Jim or I can answer, please feel free to PM us or post it here.

If it has something to do with the list, please PM me so I know about it and copy it to Ray so that he can update things as necessary.

He has sent me the latest changes already.

Ray has been dealing with this for a while, and has been well informed the entire time, so while it is happening at perhaps a different pace than expected, he has had some time to spend with his family and prepare as much as you can be prepared for this kind of situation.

He will, I am sure, be in our thoughts and prayers!

Bill

paulr

Flashaholic
Ray, I'm very sorry to hear this news. My condolences. Please don't feel obliged to pay much attention to flashlight stuff at a time like this. We'll get by.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I truly do appreciate everyone's words. My head knows I'm not the only one to have gone through this, but my heart just knows that the world is a lonelier place. I just received the call from Patty, his second wife. She was holding Dad's hand while he slept. He simply took a breath, and then didn't take another. He's now at peace, something that's eluded him for years. In a way, I am too.

I couldn't decide earlier whether to post anything or not. Part of me didn't want to sidetrack the thread. But I remembered one of the things my dad taught me about being responsible: when people rightfully expect something of me, it's my responsbility to tell them if I won't be able to meet those expectations, and that I should explain why. The size of the expectation didn't matter either. He believed, as do I, that when everything is boiled down, all we really have to offer anyone else is our word. Without it, we don't have anything else to give.

He also taught me that how we choose to live our lives is also how we honor our ancestors.

So now you know the reasons why I chose to go ahead and post. I'd say sorry to Bill for going off topic, except he'd just tell me hogwash...

Bill, I don't have any brothers, nor sisters. If I did have a brother, I would hope he would have many of the qualities you have. You've been a good friend to me.

CPF truly has been a ray of light for me these past few months. I have a book of daily meditations that has an anonymous quote for one day, my birthday of all days, that I've held close to my heart for close to 2 decades. It's pertinent to CPF, and especially after the last several posts in this thread:

All the darkness in the entire world is not enough to snuff out the light of one tiny candle.

While I'm not about to try to dictate how this thread should go (what a futile effort that would be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif), thanks in advance to whoever brings us back on topic.