[UV/365nm] D26-Drop-in with LedEngin LZ1-10U600 - MD26E-UV

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
Hi, folks!

This time I would like to show you one of my latest MD26E drop-ins, which are designed to perfectly fit solarforce hosts using unprotected cells.

Following some basic informations:

• LedEngin LZ1-10U600 with 365nm.
  • Soldered onto a Bergquist MCPCB using best Mundorf Silber/Gold solder (contains silver and also a small amount of gold).
  • Constant brightness and high efficiency thanks to a custom circuit with boost-buck converter from Texas Instruments.
  • Up to 800mW on high mode (1.2A)
  • Three well spaced modes (custom modes are possible, too).
  • Switch down to low mode at 3V and cut-off at 2.8V (2mA drain after cut-off)
  • Best silver plated oxygen free copper wires.
  • MCPCB is glued using Arctic Silver and the whole electronic is potted with a own made thermal adhesive, based on 75-80% of purest SiC.
  • 11mm massive aluminium between the circuit board and the MCPCB. For example: The ground on regular P60 brass pills is just 0,7-1mm thin.

MD26E-UV-01.jpg

MD26E-UV-02.jpg

MD26E-UV-03.jpg

Fits also a short L2m, using 16340 batterys.
MD26E-UV-04.jpg

MD26E-UV-05.jpg

MD26E-UV-06.jpg

MD26E-UV-07.jpg

Hope you liked it!:)

Regards,

Vinz

Last edited:

Epsilon

Enlightened
Looks very very professional and surely will perform likewise :). Finnaly a true 365nm drop in :). I suspect they will run well ;).

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the prettiest drop in I have seen. Hope you can make more of these, there's demand for a good 365nm uv light to cure Norland 61 adhesive

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need one of these...please ket me know if any will be available. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks beautifully made, and 365 is where it really happens :)

Are you making these to sell or is it a one off for yourself?

It does look quite long, and presumably the spring only contact the top of the battery tube, with the terminal pushing down into the battery tube itself?

Vinz

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys, I have only one left and no plans to build more of this kind. I'll offer my last one here on the forum for a fair price in a few days. Because I don't really like to combine expensive drop-ins with "sensitive" reflectors. They are just to easy to damage.

But
, if there is really a demand for such drop-ins, I could build you guys a prototype after your needs with a much tougher lens or optical system. And after that, maybe a small batch of 5-10 units. If we aim for a top notch drop-in, I would prefer to use the Nichia NCSU033B directly soldered to copper with a max. current of 1 Ampere.

Wow, that looks really nice .... Is that a custom "can" ?
A can? The upper part of the drop-in? If yes, than yes. Like all my drop-ins.:)

Are you making these to sell or is it a one off for yourself?

It does look quite long, and presumably the spring only contact the top of the battery tube, with the terminal pushing down into the battery tube itself?
Mostly for myself. But I'll also offer a small quantity of more than 10 different models (singles, triples, quads, mules, etc.) here on CPF soon.

Yes, they are much longer than regular drop-ins. The spring at the switch is almost completly compressed. But they won't change the mode, even if the light falls from one meter.

That's the prettiest drop in I have seen.
No, that's the prettiest drop-in you have seen:

Triple XM-L with up to 8.6 Amps,.

MD26E-Tri-XM-L02_zpsf4977c3d.jpg

I am just kidding!:D But that is how the new UV-Drop-ins would look like. Just with a different optic in the front.

Regards,

Vinz

Last edited by a moderator:

Tofty

Enlightened
Very nice work.
A small run of these UV drop-ins would sell out almost instantly, with either the LED Engin LZ1 or the Nichia NCSU033B.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
My current 265 nm lights I use for forensic investigations are not powerful enough, or, if powerful enough, are not durable enough. I REALLY need whatever version of this is going to be the top dog in this wavelength. Please? :D

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why doe sLedEngin die look like it has Cree current spreaders? Always wondered...

Very nice drop-in, Vin. If only someone made a clear host with good thermal properties

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Impressive work you have done!

I am very interested in this custom circuit Texas Instruments 1.2A buck/boost converter you are using. Could you tell me more?

I assume this is something you have made yourself and can't be purchased anywhere?

Thanks

jalibass

Newly Enlightened
I've been wanting a durable true 365nm for sometime. Every time I go to buy a flashlight it turns out they built the first few with nichia then switched to their own stuff or the lights just get horrible reviews. Is someone putting together a batch order?