• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ver2 Deep M*g Reflector by Fivemega

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone here likes to use an ROP and would like more throw from it then it would be wise to try one of these out. The cammed version would be beneficial, I didn't get one and had to use thin washers as spacers. It did allow me to perfectly fine tune the throw however!

Very impressive performance from a tiny bit of added length.

+1
I'm using the cammed version on a dedicated 2D ROP high. This reflector enables you to tune the beam to get a very defined hotspot.I don't have a second ROP high to directly compare, but it sure seems like more throw! :devil: I was using an FM gen 2 cammed SMO 12.7mm reflector in it.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Sgt. LED, you have one of these 2nd run deep reflectors with a ROP? I read some threads about the first run of these, and while the Mag85 seemed to show a large improvement with these units, the ROP owners were less impressed. Can you describe the changes in the beam you are seeing with your ROP?

These are excellent with a ROP - I have one on a ROP Low and one on a ROP High and the beam is much improved with noticeably more throw. :twothumbs

copperfox

Enlightened
Arrg, you guys convinced me! :rolleyes:

#29 Black VLOP with cam, plus shipping. $49

:paypal:

CPF, it's a sickness! :sick2:

jahxman

Enlightened
:paypal:for:
(Unique Transaction ID #35J888440L715761W)
$55 #07 Chrome Plated VLOP with cam
$4 shipping within US
$59 total

Thanks!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
copperfox, Sorry for the late reply but I was in Lost World Caverns all day today. Malkoff M60 on 2 18650's in a leef tube.:)
I am getting a much tighter spot with this reflector.
She's slightly ringy but it's a smooth reflector and I expected it to be way ringier than it actually is.

I was using a shallow lightly stippled reflector that gave a very smooth profile but not a lot of throw so I'm seeing a world of difference!
I've had other smooth reflectors for this ROP and sold them off because they were very ringy and still didn't up the throw that much. This one is deep enough to do the job right.

Last edited:

iapyx

Enlightened
FM, package arrived.

Man, ordered 1st of September and it's already (8th of September) here.
You see, shipping can go fast....

Thanks FM, will test it tonight.

Roland

Newly Enlightened
Totally missed this one.

Will more black SMO become available?

Lumilo

Newly Enlightened
Hello

Paypal sent for

#31 Black VLOP cammed version

45+ 5 dollar shipping to Germany.

Transaktionscode 0JV37260SS344463J

Thanks

olav

Newly Enlightened
These reflectors are for Incandescent only.
Limited quantity of large opening (16mm) for P7 models will be available soon in separate thread.

Hi Fivemega !

Any news on reflector for P7 ?

copperfox

Enlightened
Got my black VLOP today. Initial impressions are very good. The fitment is perfect, both between the unit itself and the head and also between the unit and the bezel. Color match is also very good and the luster is only slightly more matte than the stock mag head, which is ever so slightly more glossy in comparison. The difference here is very subtle and only visible upon close inspection.

The following observations are based upon the ROP high and low bulbs (Pelican Big D 3854) powered by 2 AW black label li-ion "C" cells.

It is easy to see that the center hotspot is tightened up compared to my previous reflector, a FM MOP. At narrowest focus, this deep reflector produces a very small round hotspot (yes, round!) with a generously bright corona. When I say small, I mean it. The hotspot is smaller than that of the MG RX-1 Cree XR-E Q5 (which itself is comparable to the more well-known Dereelight DBS). If you have a LED thrower then you will know how small the hotspot is. However, unlike the corona of the LED light which is almost non-existant, the ROP has a bright corona that blends into the spill. The spill diameter of this deep reflector is less than that of a conventionally shaped reflector.

The reflector surface is indeed very light orange peel. Compared to my Fivemega MOP, it is much smoother. It's actually quite close to smooth. Mine has a single blemish in the reflective finish (a piece of dust perhaps), but it does not affect the beam. I'm glad I chose the VLOP finish.

Overall, I like it a lot. The beam quality, which is the most important factor with this type of product, is excellent even by my strict standards.

TRDmatrix

Newly Enlightened
Hi, FM

I guess I need to have a certain amount of posts to be able to pm.

My question is I would like to buy #02 Gold VLOP and your 6AA to 2D battery holder and I'm not sure how much the shipping would be.

I have my paypal account ready, just give me a qoute. Thank you

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, FM

I guess I need to have a certain amount of posts to be able to pm.

My question is I would like to buy #02 Gold VLOP and your 6AA to 2D battery holder and I'm not sure how much the shipping would be.

I have my paypal account ready, just give me a qoute. Thank you

Shipping for one deep reflector and one battery holder will be $6 to States.
Internationally $8

TRDmatrix

Newly Enlightened
$45 : #01 Gold VLOP with cam
$37 : 6AA to 2D Battery holder
$6 : shipping to states
$88 : total

TRDmatrix

Newly Enlightened
There is no shipping address on your paypal file.
Also, I think you mean #02 Gold VLOP

Yup you're right, my mistake. I copied and pasted the wrong line (I was using my iphone to do that. screen's kind of small lol)

I'm not sure why there's no shipping address on my paypal file, it shows up just fine when I look under my profile. But anyways I sent you my address to your e-mail.

n1ch0

Newly Enlightened

Subject:
CPF *N1ch0* Note:
#11 Black SMO Cammed $45
International Shipping $5
Total $50

Latest posts