Weapon light discussion, (loosely) related topics welcome

Buff

Enlightened
Snobby Snubby matches i like it!
IMG_0061.jpeg

I'm ready. Let's roll!!

Buff

Enlightened
Why anyone would want to be a cop in certain cop unfriendly cities is beyond me. I have family and a few friends that are in law enforcement that i truly worry about them but thankfully they are in cities that appreciate them and their leaders have their backs. And when they arrest a criminal(caught in the act) they stay in jail. Best way to keep a low crime rate.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
This morning FOX NEWS reported Oakland's Denny's is closing due to the crime. Would the last person leaving Oakland please rollup the sidewalks and turn off the lights?

Buff

Enlightened
I loved Thomas the Tank Engine! My boys played with all the trains and watched the episodes. Kept them totally occupied and made them the men they are today.
I still have most of the toy engines and really should mount a weapons light on some of them.
I'm open for suggestions…😂🤣😂

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's perfect. I'm getting a snubbie just so I can compete. No one does great with them so it's a lot of fun and laid back match.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

kerneldrop,, are there different classes of 9mm competitive shooting?
Like different barrel lengths, with or without red dot? things like that

or is it, run what you brung

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

kerneldrop,, are there different classes of 9mm competitive shooting?
Like different barrel lengths, with or without red dot? things like that

or is it, run what you brung

You can def run what you brung....one thing about the hobby/sport is that everyone is very nice and most will let you shoot their stuff.
You may not get scored, but showing up is all it takes.

I shoot USPSA and IDPA, plus unaffiliated matches like what the snubbie revolver matches are...that's what's at my local club.

Within the USPSA and IDPA there are divisions that specify the guns, weights, lengths, add-ons and modifications allowed.

Next is the scoring. Each division will have it's own scoring criteria. There is major scoring and minor scoring. Major scoring makes it more challenging for a 9mm to win. With Minor scoring, everything is scored the same whether it's a 9mm or a .40 cal.

Most everything is catering towards the 9mm...

I shoot limited optics, and carry optics....both with 9mm and both with 9 minor scoring. I did shoot production and limited where you must shoot irons, but I went to optics.

Open and Limited are major scoring where a .40 cal, 38 Super, and 9 Major are popular. But even then more and more people are shooting 9mm.

Start on page 96 https://uspsa.org/viewer/USPSA-Competition-Rules.pdf

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Thanks for that kd,
It's been a while since my last firearm purchase and I dropped the idea on the 357sig.
Buddy of mine shifted from the 'super popular' 9mm brand to Canik
after I watched him pick one up and without hesitation hit two shots on 6" ar steel from at least 35 feet.,,, I said out loud, "guess who's now getting a Canik",, he now has several.
Shoots great for the price point,, actually really great.

Personally only own one 9mm pistol, my 92FS actually have more 10mm firearms than 9mm.
Called my local ffl today and asked on availability of a METE SFT PRO,, he called back and said yes.
Think he may have decided to get a couple in because he didn't ask for any payment..

Had him get in the 'shorter' 5" barrel which is threaded and is optic mounting ready (couple different plates)
18 & 20 round mags come stock.

METE SFT PRO

1707880431269.jpeg

Last edited: