Weapon light discussion, (loosely) related topics welcome

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might as well ad another product to the light thread. Biometric safe at a fantastic deal at $38 shipped when discounts are applied.
I've had one for 14 years and a power surge got it....but i got a replacement on a surge protector now.

Alaskantinbender

Newly Enlightened
There are lots of different opinions on the topic depending on individual experience and goals. For me, a light laser combo is the ideal solution for nighttime activities around the farm. Mostly keeping predators at bay. No need to do anything but point and shoot. Easy quick target acquisition and no problem identifying the target at night. No need to align anything or even be behind the weapon. Just place the dot where you want it and there you are. I have tried several things and for me this is it. The Streamlight versions have served me well for the past two years.

A friend recently purchased one of these for his Ruger LC380. He's pleased with it so far.

Image 12-1-23 at 8.54 AM.jpg

The laser is activated when your finger makes contact with the two metal strips shown above.

Alaskantinbender

Newly Enlightened
A friend recently purchased one of these for his Ruger LC380. He's pleased with it so far.

View attachment 53557

The laser is activated when your finger makes contact with the two metal strips shown above.
Very cool idea. I would like one with both the laser and light. Target identification is a big deal. I don't want to shoot the barn cats. Having it all mounted to my weapon and easy to grab is important for speed. I don't have to grab a flashlight and coordinate it with the laser.

Very cool idea. I would like one with both the laser and light. Target identification is a big deal. I don't want to shoot the barn cats. Having it all mounted to my weapon and easy to grab is important for speed. I don't have to grab a flashlight and coordinate it with the laser.
Agreed. Don't want to end the story of Barn Cat. The Ruger 380 is his EDC. Even with the laser and a holster it fits in his pants pocket.

I just purchased this for the bump-in-the-night light.

Image 12-1-23 at 9.27 AM.jpg

Our bedroom is on the second story which is well-illuminated 24/7. The first floor, however, is pitch black at night. I decided a light was a good idea. Don't want to end House Cat's story prematurely. 🙀

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. Don't want to end the story of Barn Cat. The Ruger 380 is his EDC. Even with the laser and a holster it fits in his pants pocket.

I just purchased this for the bump-in-the-night light.

View attachment 53559

Our bedroom is on the second story which is well-illuminated 24/7. The first floor, however, is pitch black at night. I decided a light was a good idea. Don't want to end House Cat's story prematurely. 🙀
Are there many home invasions in your area?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing it works with change in resistance, not so much a contact.

I'm guessing it works with change in resistance, not so much a contact.
Perhaps. I don't know and the description is somewhat vague -

LASER FIT FIT: Touch-Reflex TR12-G fits the Ruger LCP II (LCP2 - Fits both .22LR & 380 LCP 2 models). Featuring a 5-year warranty, the laser sight turns on by human touch, not by a mechanical switch or button. As soon as you grasp your pistol, the True-Touch Activation sensor will turn the laser on and keep it on as long as you're grasping the pistol grip.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wrong, not a resistance but capacitance.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
With irons I find that a blacked out rear is far easer than dots. I see too many dots when the rear sight is dotted.
Yep. Converted all my handguns to dot front, black rear. I like a common sight config for all my defensive handguns. Although 2 of my 1911s and both revolvers have CT laser grips.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Just after I got my 1911, put a small drop of Liquid Paper on a toothpick and made a clean white circle on my front sight.
If I didn't tell you I did it, you'd think it was that way from factory.
Made a huge difference
(the rear sight is adjustable and all black)

Thinking of getting some florescent green paint & doing the same on a couple other pistols.