Weaponlight Collection

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly - the entire size of the PS90 is 26 inches. It's so small that short barreling isn't that necessary, IMHO.

On the gun forums there seems to be a mixed bag about Kriss reliability. But I've had my Ps90 about 3.5 years, and I really love it

yes and no. i have a hard time finding people who actually own a kriss let alone use one. not just people who rent it for an hour. As my carbine instructor said, you need to work the bugs out of any system before you can really rely on it.

The most problems people have are simple things and I believe operator error more so than the weapon. So far after 800 rds I have only had one round fail to feed. That may be due to improper cleaning. but this was within the first 150 rounds of the gun from day 1. so issues will arise.

I ran 600 rounds last weekend during a carbine course. the only problems I had were loading a fully loaded mag on a closed bolt. it is not easy to do. best to insert on an open bolt. Other than that no reliability issues.

There is a lot of disinformation being spread by people who dont have one or have only used it for a very short time. It is very easy for "keyboard commandos" to read rumors and hear rumors and spread them. But unless they own one and have really ran the Kriss, I would take their negative criticisms with a bucket of salt.

of course im bias cause i own one. But im trying to be open and honest about my experiences. Since no one else seems to be voicing his experiences publicly like me.

oh yeah can you take a pic of the Lasermax tape switch? how does it attach to the laser max unit?

i think my next firearm is a toss up between building up an AR or just getting a PS90. I do like the PS90.

Last edited:

shipwreck

Enlightened
ItWell, I hear what you are saying. I discount the "rental" threads - but do remember a few people who claimed to have owned one and posted complaints about it.

One thing I love about the Ps90 is that it is 120% reliable. In all the magazine reviews I have read, its commented on how reliable it is. And, on the FN Forum forum, I never see any complaints about the weapons operation (just endless debates about the caliber).

The Unimax replaces the whole manual switch tail section with a new tail section with the pressure switch attached.

I found a couple of stock pics on Google images of it that may help yyou:

wb908-Photo-54.jpg

LMXUNIMAS10_1.jpg

kito109654

Newly Enlightened
My two month old build and it's dedicated weaponlight, a Fenix TK11 R2 riding in a LaRue Offset light mount. I'm at about 1300 rounds with the light attached.

7c7155c2.jpg

cac20c1e.jpg

0edb55f9.jpg

Walterk

Enlightened
I dont know if it's healthy, but assume this must be big fun when living in the US.

I wonder; do you have to align/re-adjust your lights (or scope for that matter) anytime you take it off and on the barrel?

kito109654

Newly Enlightened
I dont know if it's healthy, but assume this must be big fun when living in the US.

I wonder; do you have to align/re-adjust your lights (or scope for that matter) anytime you take it off and on the barrel?

Your post is vague; you don't know if what's healthy?

Well, on my rifle, the Eotech will return to zero if I remove it as long as I reinstall it on the same picatinny slot. A scope in a LaRue mount will return to zero if removed and reinstalled as well.

The lights don't get adjusted or aligned with anything, think of the size of the hotspot. The lights will be pointing the right direction if a decent mount is used and nothing changes by unmounting and remounting them.

Walterk

Enlightened
Thx for the information, expected some re-adjustment needed.

I think I would like using fire-arms, but not sorrow it is for most part illegal where I live. Dont want to start that discussion. Just expressing that I feel you can have a hobby that is more complicated here.

Edit 11.06.09: I started a thread in the Cafe about an American fire-fighter that was on TV. The fragment was very funny and went world-wide. He was high from weed as he inhaled smoke while fighting a fire in a house with a cannabis greenery growshop.
That posting got a lock. Very quickly. Because it was about weed.

Just to show you that countrys have different cultures and laws.

Last edited:

kito109654

Newly Enlightened
Thx for the information, expected some re-adjustment needed.

I think I would like using fire-arms, but not sorrow it is for most part illegal where I live. Dont want to start that discussion. Just expressing that I feel you can have a hobby that is more complicated here.

I'm quite sure you would. :)

gt_mule

Newly Enlightened
Nothing special. Waiting on the Magpul midlength h-guard to finish my KISS build. The other one currently runs a P60L with a Nailbender SST-50 replacing it soon.

Bush1.gif

Bush2.gif

Bush3.gif

RRA1.gif

RRA2.gif

Latest posts