What 18650 Battery Power Bank Should I Consider?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at 18650 battery charger/power bank. I have considered the Nitecore F4. With the July 4th sale right now, the Nitecore F4 and 4 x Nitecore NL1835 3500mAh batteries $80.62. Are there other battery charger power banks I should consider?

fulee9999

Enlightened
I use the XTAR PB2S, you can quick charge the power bank from USB and the power bank itself can quickcharge a phone as well from the 18650s.
The battery retention is not great, but other than that it has served me well on several hikes.

Edti: Oh, and you can also force-charge, meaning you can turn on the power bank USB port at will, so you can charge very low power devices like smart watches, gps trackers and so on from it as well. ( most power banks don't "wake up" when so little drain is detected, so you can't charge smaller gadgets )

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Edti: Oh, and you can also force-charge, meaning you can turn on the power bank USB port at will, so you can charge very low power devices like smart watches, gps trackers and so on from it as well. ( most power banks don't "wake up" when so little drain is detected, so you can't charge smaller gadgets )
I really like that part. I don't know the market, but the 'power banks' I'm using don't have that feature, and I wish they did. 'Automatic' things can be good, but an 'override' is also often desirable, which is often overlooked in designs.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
get the one that you can put your own cells into, pretty much every power bank i got, never put out rated mah, recently i got efest 2 18650 powerbank/charger, not much capacity, but it least i can put my own cell, and replace them when they are drained quick.