What Are Your Favorite Pet Dog Breeds?

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a Komondor, a Rhodisian Ridgeback, and a Kuvas to go along with my Husky Shepard mix, my Rot Shepard mix, my Chow Shepard mix, and my Mastiff.

I did have 8 cats too but its down to 7 now. At least I don't have a rodent problem.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
357 Thanks for your input and I am glad to see it is not just me who is crazy enough to have a party for a pet.
I did not realize Danes had mastiff in them.I did read up on the breed a little and learned that Irish Wolfhounds were bred somewhere in the lines to make this giant.
I believe they were bred to hunt wild boar and were once known as simply boarhounds.Most all of the giant breeds are usually gentle.This was one trait I looked for as well as short hair and low maintenance.
The only problems with this breed is the actual size when young.Zeus was 27 lbs at 6 weeks of age and literally ate all my things.
I can not count the pairs of shoes ate by this dog but I just could not get angry at him and those big brown eyes.
He was however very easy to house train and never used the bathroom in my home.This was good as a dog this size could make a very big mess if he wanted to.
Just to give you an idea of the size I could not find a collar last year to fit him.I had to use a belt as his neck is almost 28 inches around.
Bwaites I do have a few more pics somewhere however can not figure out how to post them.I may be able to scan a few and send them to you in e-mail.I have some of him at around 5 months old standing next to my old Rottweiler who was 130 lbs.He was a lot thinner then however was already taller than my rottweiller.
Glad you enjoyed my pic. as this animal has brought me much joy also.He is getting very old and I am sure to cry like a little girl when he is not around anymore.

Robocop

Let me see if this pic works
Heloveshisdaddy_2.thumb.jpg

Robocop

Heloveshisdaddy_2.jpg

I finally got the pic thing figured out.Here is the pic a little larger and when we both were a little younger..hehe
How can a dog so big have such a sweet face?
I just love this "little guy"

sideshowandy

Newly Enlightened
Labs are my fav - we had one that was extremely dim but loveable. Instinctively and quite amazingly gentle around small kids - she would "wolf" up food from adults but if offered a treat from a toddler she would ever so delicately lift it out of their hand and drop it on the floor before eating. With me, i'd be lucky to retain all my fingers.

Also this lab LOVED water - the dirtier the better. We lived 800 yards from the coast and on walks down to the beach she would always go swimming irrespecitve of how cold or rough the water.

A great guard dog too for our home - but she was terrorised by our cat!?

potpot

Newly Enlightened
@tylerjones553
wow, you just resurrected a 7 yr old thread. :D

anyway, my fave breeds are labs, retrievers, rotties and JRT's.

Diablo_331

Enlightened
Lol^^

I like weenies as an indoor breed. They are small, loyal, smart, and the short hair breeds don't tent to shed alot. We have had quite a few of them in my lifetime and I have loved them all dearly.

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
We're currently looking after a 10-month old Golden Retriever puppy who is being trained to be an assistance dog for the disabled. He has a lovely temprement though bit boisterous at times! Thinks with his stomach a lot and loves the company of others - can get a bit of 'separation anxiety' if he can't follow one of us round the house! Very gentle and happy dog, fairly easy to train apart from being overkeen on his food - like me!

rebelbayou

Newly Enlightened
I have to say, this "7 year old thread ressurection" caught my attention too. So as long as I'm here, I'm might as well throw in my .02. I love my American Pit Bull Terriers, don't get me wrong. They are great companions, extremely loyal, very stoic and have unique personalities. But I have to give the nod to my Border Collie, Zeke. He just turned 14 and still amazes me everyday with his ability to think and reason and figure things out without any commands or instructions. If you have the time to spend with one, I think you just can't go wrong owning one.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Mine has to be Labrador he is too funny some time loves his family

Good God. How do you new members constantly keep finding these buried threads?

My favorite breed are CPF newbies. They're great at finding long-buried treasures, and digging them up.

LOL. All in good fun. Nothing personal. Just a bit of good-natured ribbing. :welcome:

ArgenteumTelum

Newly Enlightened
Hungarian Vizsla. I'm new and will eventually have my buddy in my avatar. HV=Human Velcro. Wherever I go, there he is. Smart, super friendly, medium-sized, active, great w/ children, an all around bird pointer when trained properly and exhibits great soul. I will have no other breed.

AT

Latest posts