What are your Quirks?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Re: What are you\'re Quirks?

Sasha and Deanster, I don't think that being a 'touchy' person is really a quirk... I think it indicates that you're a compassionate person and that's an admirable quality. If there were more "touchy" people in the world it would be a better place.

Me, I'm a slightly jittery person and when someone reaches out and touches me, sometimes I jump a little bit! I'm also pretty sensitive to loud, sudden noises and whenever something goes BANG I usually flinch. On any number of occasions at work, someone will walk up to me from behind while I'm seated, and when they get close they suddenly say 'Hi' and I jump in the chair!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would have talked about how perfect I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif, but with some introspection, I realize I've developed a quirk that started off at work and has leaked into my personal life. I realize that I don't like talking on the phone, and don't do it unless there's absolutely no better way. Communication that's non-interactive can use email. Communication that's interactive but not to deep, I way favor IM, which still lets me do my job (if at work) or do things around the house (if at home) while we're talking. If you need a deep interactive discussion with me that requires us to be talking live, send me an IM and tell me where we're going for lunch or what time we're going for a beer.

I'll talk on the phone only for the narrow subset of communication that doesn't fit into the above. Urgent, time-sensitive discussion that must be interactive. Interactive discussion with someone who is too far away to go out for burgers and beers. Etc. Someone calls me for something that could be handled another way, I make up an excuse as to why I need to get off the phone, and suggest we hook up via IM or somewhere in-person later.

Bradlee

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Joe Talmadge said: I realize that I don't like talking on the phone, and don't do it unless there's absolutely no better way. Communication that's non-interactive can use email.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find I'm this way to some degree, but more because I can sit and think about what I want to say before actually 'saying' it.

-Brad

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
Quirks? I always have to tell my husband, children and parents that I love them whenever I say good bye to them... whether on the phone or in person. Don't know if it will be the last time I talk to them or see them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same thing Sasha, with my wife and daughter(Not your husband and children) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I don't consider that a quirk, just good old fashion caring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Quirks? Well, sometimes after a long day I like to smell my socks after I take'em off.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you wash your hands before building Lionhearts/cubs,...I thought my Lionheart smelled funny! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eeew.gif

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:

Quirks? Well, sometimes after a long day I like to smell my socks after I take'em off.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a little quirky.If you try to get other people to
smell them,then that's a whole lot of quirky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened

Same here PW.Sometimes you don't have to be all that close to get a good wiff of mine,unfortunatly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hate when people are late. The only thing I hate more is to be late myself.

If you tell me, "Just wait for me, I'll be there," I can deal pretty well, but if you say, "I'll be there at 6:30," and you're late, it'll bother me, ...and it won't get any better as more time passes...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
Joe Talmadge said:
...I realize that I don't like talking on the phone, and don't do it unless there's absolutely no better way...

[/ QUOTE ]
I pretty much dislike talking on the telephone too.
Never did care much for that.
Email is always the best way to contact me, and to hold a conversation if we're not in the same room.

jtice

Flashaholic

Great thread guys, some funny stuff here, though i dont mean it in a bad way, like im laughing AT you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I make my sandwiches for work rally neat, the meat, cheese, etc, has to be folded a certain way, so that all the ingredients are evenly distributed across the entire sandwich.

I tap, or bounce my foot alot. Just sitting at my desk, my right heel will just bounce all day.
Im ussually not actually contacting the floor with my heel, just bouncing it.

Oh, and I HAVE to know what is going on here at CPF alllll the time.
I will get done reading everything new, 3 minutes later I refresh and look for something new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast

I park my car like away from everyone else. I am the dude at the mall that parks in the last spot as far from the mall as possible. I hate parking my car on the street near other cars. I hate people touching my car.

Flashaholism is another quirk most people don't understand, how can you spend $392 on a flashlight (SF M6) (I quickly hide the other flashlights, lol.)

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just KNOW that I'm quirkless, but I do share some of the previously mentioned "traits". I always back into a parking space or my driveway, wear my seatbelt, signal turns, yield right-of-way and forgo one-finger-salutes to the idiots who don't. I'm a picky driver and talk, constantly, to the *ick-headed *hits who threaten my life and vehicle during my daily, two hour, commute. Good thing I drive alone. It's amazing the odd combination of vulgar words one can string together when upset. That technique seems to eliminate my need for carrying out road rage.

I, too, eat the least palatable items on my plate before starting in on the goodies. I use my left hand for the fork & spoon but knife with the right (I'm right handed).

My glasses and windshield have to be clean.

I hate being late or waiting.

I test my flashlight cell's flash amps when I suspect they might have incurred their expected run time.

I periodically test my flashlight's output.

OK, my quirk, is that I may have too many to count.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
JasonC8301 said:
I park my car like away from everyone else. I am the dude at the mall that parks in the last spot as far from the mall as possible. I hate parking my car on the street near other cars. I hate people touching my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same thing, I call it parking in the "ding free zone". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
I, too, eat the least palatable items on my plate before starting in on the goodies. I use my left hand for the fork & spoon but knife with the right (I'm right handed).

[/ QUOTE ]

Left hand for fork and right hand for knife is just a sign of having good manners. However, I don't understand how you can have the spoon in the left hand, that is a real quirk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sigbjoern

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

I do the back in parking thing. Also the eat the less good stuff first, or the pasta before the sauce. I periodically test my flashlights, and pull and visually inspect alkaline cells.

I put exactly 5 quarters, 2 dimes, 2 nickels and 4 pennies in my pocket in the morning.

I pretty much ONLY sit on a toilet at home (has to be one heck of a problem otherwise!)

Of course I have the flashlight quirk!

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

I don't have any real quirks...

I do tend to concentrate. Really well. To the exclusion of everything.
My wife says I queue things up, addressing them in the reverse order recieved. You computer folks understand FIFO (First In, First Out) and LIFO (Last In, First Out). She gets a kick out of asking a question on her way to the kitchen and getting an answer when she comes back. Sometimes she is not amused.

I am a compulsive 'fixer'. If it ain't broke, I just haven't gotten to it yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Actually, I do seem to have a gift for diagnosing problems and fixing things. Cars. toys, appliances, locks, computers, flashlights....

And my last quirk... I find movies, books and TV shows to be too predictable. I can't watch the ads or previews because I can usually deduce enough of the plot that the suspense is ruined. It's not always rocket science; if you see Sandra Bullock driving off a cliff in the commercial, you know that the scene with the gunfight is not going to kill her. I also tend to be able to predict the dialog on TV shows especially if we watch it regularly. This applies only to shows with logical plots and charater development. A Tarentino film, for instance is not predictable.

I actually have alot of other quirks, but I won't bore yo any more than I already have.

Daniel

Kilted

Enlightened

I wear kilts. Does that count? http://utilikilts.com/ - aka Kilted

I have solar electric panels on my house and I drive an ALL electric car, no not a hybrid. -- aka =D~~ pluged in.

Hence my signature:

=D~~ Kilted

P.S. I'm glad to see we are all normal!

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
...I put exactly 5 quarters, 2 dimes, 2 nickels and 4 pennies in my pocket in the morning...

[/ QUOTE ]
That's good! You make me feel...almost normal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif