What did you use your flashlight for today?

klmmicro

Newly Enlightened
Used my Fenix PD32UE to illuminate some kids that managed to set off a car alarm in my complex parking lot...0300. I think they were a bit dazzled as they took off with a quickness. I was just trying to be nice and help them see what they were doing ;)

Used it a couple times later today to search my closet corners for locking nut for my camera tripod.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
:party:
Used my Fenix PD32UE to illuminate some kids that managed to set off a car alarm in my complex parking lot...0300. I think they were a bit dazzled as they took off with a quickness. I was just trying to be nice and help them see what they were doing ;)

You probably could've turned it into a street rave on strobe mode :party: :party: :party:

ThrowerLover

Newly Enlightened
Despite carrying a Quark Mini CR2 (now MLR2) with me at all times, the reality is that I use the lockout screen on my iPhone the most, usually several times a day. I even went so far as to take a close-up picture of my brightest flashlight bouncing off of a very white surface. I then zoomed in on the brightest portion of the picture to set the lockout screen. With one punch of the top button, I've got plenty of light to handle most of those middle-of-the-night emergencies. Last night, that was to get to the freezer for some ice cream. Whew! Crisis averted.

argleargle

Enlightened
I love this thread.

Today, I used my JetBeam PC-10 on high mode to blast a path through the darkness to an cardboard box containing un-named parts. Someone said "where is it, where is that stuff." I said, "right there." :poof: ...and it was good. "Wow..." was the only response in the night-vision adapted darkness. ...and a little stumbling

RCM

Enlightened
Used mine to 1) annoy my dad because he thinks a half dead 3xAAA LED from the hardware store is brighter then a rayovac sportsman 190 lumens 2xD cell...(That was funny)
2) Used the same light as mentioned above to look for something in my closet.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
..... I even went so far as to take a close-up picture of my brightest flashlight bouncing off of a very white surface. I then zoomed in on the brightest portion of the picture to set the lockout screen.
Would you call that a "metalight" ? :rolleyes: (but hey, it works for you and beats accidentally selecting Hi on a "normal" light and frying your night adjusted retinas :twothumbs )

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you call that a "metalight" ? :rolleyes: (but hey, it works for you and beats accidentally selecting Hi on a "normal" light and frying your night adjusted retinas :twothumbs )

Perhaps a virtual flashlight bounce? Good one, though, now I might take a picture of a light bulb and carry a virtual bulb as third backup. If only I had an old camera I could risk, I would carry a virual sun :D

Last edited:

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used the Ti pocket clip from my Alpha Ready-Made to do some training on the aircraft. The tool kit usually on the plane wasn't there and I needed a screwdriver. It's alright though, we weren't flying.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I flashed a bunch of people right in the face as I was exiting an elevator. To be fair, here's what I said:

"May I have everybody's attention? Please look here. This is a standard issue neuralizer. You will go about your business as usual and the air smells just fine."

I think it worked; they all seemed a little disoriented.

Last edited:

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Used mine to get my partner's attention in a dark part of town after driving right past me.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night I heard a suspicious noise while reading in bed. I got up, put my glasses on, get the TK45 and the 12" blade from the floor. Damn, that took way too long! I went for the front, look through the magic eye. Nothing. I thought it might be another tennant in the hallway and turns out it must have been. I need to practice more often.

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
Used my TK15 to help me navigate my way home. We've got some snow in the UK. It's fairly light where I am but the snow is very fine so there are some slippery patches on the pavements. Almost twisted my ankle walking to work. Still a bit sore.

argleargle

Enlightened
Today, I advocated high powered flashlight products to an assistant to an LEO. I simply said, "Check this out." In a fully lit room with sunlight streaming through the window, I celing bounced my OR H3 triple. The response was squinting and the word, "dayyum!"

buds224

Enlightened
Used my Nitecore SENS CR as a headlamp (fenix headlamp strap) for some soldering work. Also used my RRT0 to strobe my 6yo daughter to get her attention....almost lost her in a crowd of kids when picking her up from school.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my Craftsman 2AA light (re-badged Dorcy model w/ fish-eye optic) to check on a loved one who was having trouble sleeping.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use my vitalgear/VME head combo with M31ll for the marathon to the bathroom at night.

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
Used a ZL SC52 to walk a friend from work to her door. She has a slight fear of darkness so she usually gets a friend to walk her, but she's away so I was drafted in.

Latest posts