What did you use your flashlight for today?

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Quote from:"Roller Blinds Forums"

Thread:What did you use your blinds for today?

"Preventing a moron half a km away with a stupid bright flashlight from making my aquarium boil." :)

Last edited:

steveg270

Newly Enlightened
I had a problem with my oil fired furnace today. I had the repair guy come and we noticed a ton of soot in the boiler and the exhaust pipe. I held my flashlight- in the pipe so he could vacuum out the soot. Without my light who knows how good a job he would have done. All i know is my Fenix LD41 lit up the entire area and he did a good job. PS he carried a small mag lite single AA flashlight. I blew him away with my light.

anjari_br

Newly Enlightened
Today I went to the movies and had to leave in the middle of the session (bathroom). When finished, I realized I had
lost my phone (damn shallow pockets). I waited for the session to end and used my Fenix e01 (in my keychain) for
seek in the dark space between those chairs. WOW, how this small flashlight illuminates how closely!!!

Samy

Enlightened
Went outside the other night to feed the dog and came across this little fellow. In the light of my SC600 he stood out. Surprised i even noticed him.

With car key to show how small he was:

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

cheers

noddy

Newly Enlightened
Trying to see the thermometer outside our kitchen window without actually having to go outside ... been brisk here today ... forecast of 0F/-20C for tonight :)

Samy

Enlightened
What kind is he?

It's either a baby Australian Coastal Python which gets up to 13ft apparently or an Australian Scrub Python which gets up to 28ft. Both are similar in appearance and because this is a juvenile it's hard to tell. Both are non-venomous and are kept as pets! (with appropriate licencing). I've seen a few around the place but i'd rather see one of these than an Eastern Brown, those are common and extremely poisonous.

cheers

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
What did you use your flashlight for today? ...would you believe it is to find another flashlight that I tugged away and no where to be found :(

8kGoodEnuff

Newly Enlightened
Last night I used my TK45 (tail-standing) on high mode in the kitchen for my family to eat dinner since the dimmer switch is no longer working... it worked great. My nephew (18 months) couldn't take his eyes off the torch... lol.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sadly the main use I've had for my lights lately is to show them off to friends! While that's fun I haven't been good at making excuses for using them much outside. Perhaps that's because of the cold spell though.

rc51mike

Newly Enlightened
I've found since we moved on our boat full time, we use flashlights all the time. Looking in the bilges, working on machinery or just checking the oil level necessitates extra light. I now carry a AA LED with me at all times, much as I do a pocket knife. The docks are quite dark at night and a flashlight helps keep the dog and I from an impromptu swim.

When we first brought the boat to our marina, it was pitch black and we did not have a searchlight. It was hard to tell where the docks and rocks were. Sometime later playing with my Jetbeam Pro I realized it was powerful enough to light up across the width of the marina and would have been suitable for my needs coming in that night. Because of our situation I'm now past lurker and in need of getting other lights for our needs.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's either a baby Australian Coastal Python which gets up to 13ft apparently or an Australian Scrub Python which gets up to 28ft. Both are similar in appearance and because this is a juvenile it's hard to tell. Both are non-venomous and are kept as pets! (with appropriate licencing). I've seen a few around the place but i'd rather see one of these than an Eastern Brown, those are common and extremely poisonous.

cheers

Did you turn its head paper-thin afterwards:laughing::laughing:

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Sprechen sie English?"
"Nein."
*Illuminates desired sandwich with flashlight* "Bitte?"
"Ja. Zwei punk funfzen."
"Danke, tschun!"

There was no other way to select the right sandwich.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Came home late last night. I carry 2 car keys at all times (never locked myself out of the car since); one with the house keys and one with a pocket knife and L0D. I used the second one to open the trunk and get my bag out. Start walking and search for my home keys, but the car key with EDC isn't there. CRAP!. Out comes the PD20, look on the ground and into the trunk, then in the bag where I just stored my GPS. What a relief! I thought I threw it out in the container with the black frozen banana. I basically could say I did it again; used a flashlight to retrieve a flashlight from a bag.

Ishango

Enlightened
I've used my flashlights the whole week to charge the GITD stars on my daughters' bedroom ceiling for her (and she asks me for a light to do that if I forget it). And she kept playing with my lights whenever she gets the chance (supervised). She discovered my lights this week (has great taste since she immediately went for my HDS Clicky).

So far she played with my XGlow R1, Fenix E21, HDS Clicky, Fenix E11, Thrunite Ti and several other lights. I bought a Varta Indestructable 2AA today so she can play with that instead of with my expensive lights to prevent them from becoming damaged (she's almost 4yo and could throw or toss them around). It's also a perfect loaner light if I need to lend it so someone.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, not I. But when I woke up, I noticed my dad on the floor, using my 2C Lowe's Task Force model to find a spool of thread that had fallen out of his hand, and rolled underneath the couch. My dad never uses flashlights. Growing up, I can't recall even one time that he did. The Task Force is the main light I keep in the kitchen. Dad is visiting from the Old Country. Also, he likes to do things himself. Despite being elderly. So, waking me up to look for the spool of pink thread for him; just wasn't an option in his eyes.

(Yeah, it was pink. I would have just left it there.)

gravelrash

Enlightened
I came across a guy last night trying to change a flat tire in the dark, in the turning lane of a fairly busy street. Me and one other guy stopped just to help block traffic, but even with passing headlights it was hard to see to change the flat. I had my brand-new Maratac copper 123 in my pocket so I held it while he changed the wheel. It was also helpful to shine on the ground so that passing cars knew somebody was standing right on the lane divider. The other fellow who stopped had a 4D Maglite; I appreciated the incan beam but it was fairly impotent compared to the Maratac.

It made me think I should start carrying something bigger in my truck.