What did you use your flashlight for today?

tex.proud

Enlightened
Used the ArmyTek Dobermann to navigate an attic and smash a dirt-dobber mound that was built on top of the telephone wiring, corroding the wire and causing an issue.

Tex.Proud

Last edited:

lacrimosa

Newly Enlightened
Received my BLF Edition E01 Copper in the mail (it's a rebranded Manker E01), stuck a AAA in it and played with it in my apartment all evening, much to the annoyance of my wife. My young son was shining it up at the ceiling and saying "star!"

herektir

Newly Enlightened
Used a fenix tk22 to light up house numbers on a dark rural road during a medical call.

Soulskinner

Newly Enlightened
Used my long missed D25C (found in an old Bundeswehr Parka) to search for lego bricks that get lost while building a spaceship with my nephew.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Worked through a downpour today to get home and find the power out. Oh well! An excuse to play with my recent purchase from CPF member lumosmaxima. The Jetbeam TCR21 Limited. My 1st Ti light.

Used it to shower, heat some stew on my Jetboil camp stove, and now cieling bouncing it to check my email, CPF app, and other stuff on my phone.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ Now that....

Is what it's all about.

Used a 1940's light to illuminate the barrel of a 1930's light. Saw rust, removed rust. Light worky now. Used now working 1930's light to light the barrel of a 1920's light. Saw rust, but decided to clean it later.

Turned out lights and used a 1950's jewel thief light to see by while walking through the dark house to go nighty-night.

PB Wilson

Newly Enlightened
My UltraTac K18 was helpful in finding where my pooches did their business so I or my family members don't step in a steaming pile.

Not the most tactical or exciting use, but pretty dang necessary.

MX421

Enlightened
Used a couple of my magnet in the tail cap lights (Olight S30, Olight S1 and my newly aquired V3 Armytek Wizard) to attach to the back of my trailer to provide lights to see down the dark driveway to assist in steering it.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Used a couple of my magnet in the tail cap lights (Olight S30, Olight S1 and my newly aquired V3 Armytek Wizard) to attach to the back of my trailer to provide lights to see down the dark driveway to assist in steering it.

We Army Veterans call that "Adapt and Overcome!"

An interesting solution to a common problem. I like it!

Tex.Proud

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Inforce APL to clear the house after the alarm went off.

Usually I would use a handheld light for this, but my left hand had to hold on to a crutch for me to be able to move about.

ncgrass

Enlightened
Last night my elzetta bravo and at predator were used to look for missing glasses outside. No luck despite the adequate lighting. The search continues!

msim

Enlightened
3FXuX3k.jpg

Bought and assembled a new bed frame this weekend. Used my Fivemega Cooly host with a Sportac Triple Nichia positioned by a small table vise for about 2 solid hours of extra light. I was too lazy to dig out my other 26650 from my Fraz light, so when it started dimming I used my Torchlab V5 XP-L triple for another hour or so. Photobomb in the background by my Surefire G2X Pro.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Reading the windows key number on the back of my computer. I used a Solarforce with Nailbender XP-G2 P60

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Used a no-name P60 host with a 365nm UV drop-in to identify a suitable non-fluorescing target to test a blue laser. I wanted to determine whether the laser was really blue (~450nm) or violet (~405nm). A fluorescent target like most sheets of white paper makes a violet laser appear blue, so I needed to avoid that. Found a suitable non-fluorescing light colored target, aimed the laser at it and confirmed that it was actually blue.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Lights were out in the privy at an internationally recognized Coffee House, so I improvised some:

EKwwYocl.jpg

That is all for now.