What did you use your flashlight for today?

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
I use at least one of my lghts everyday, but for such mundane stuff that posting it here doesn't really make sense.

But I had an interesting idea today. I stopped for fuel after work and decided to check the coolant level as well. Couldn't quite see through the white plastic of the expansion tank, so I switched the S1 mini to Turbo mode, held it flush against the side of the expansion tank and it lit up the whole thing like a home aquarium! I got an odd look from someone as I chuckled to myself thinking "what would I have done without a light on me".

ven

Flashaholic
I know what you mean Skaaphaas, same here, every day mine get used, hours ................a day.

Other day i had to inspect a conveyor in the roof(boring and not worth posting, but who cares ;)), swap over a perspex cover and run to check for any pins out of alignment , clips missing etc. The usual 6p and triple 219b
BLh9FPxl.jpg

kpatz

Newly Enlightened
Tonight I went for a short walk after dark. Used the S1A Baton one way and the Coast Polysteel 250 the other way.

A couple nights ago my wife dropped a small pill on the kitchen floor. I used the S1A to find it by shining it horizontally along the floor and looking for the shadow.

ven

Flashaholic
Used a couple of lights over a few days building Lego, i needed decent output and run time. So 3 or 4 cell minimum was a must, as hours at a time would be needed. Unfortunately i had to build it twice, 1st time over 3 days and nearly completed...............to find a jam on the under carriage. So the 2nd time(stripped down to the last brick which hurt!) i did in 2 afternoon/evenings. tk75vnQ70 one night , cells were 3.7v after use.
6pDI5W3l.jpg
Another time x40vn triple quad
EqEKcfIl.jpg
QI93wtfl.jpg
3NsyGVTl.jpg
Completed!
er3zsUhl.jpg
For some reason the pics get messed up, no matter how i edit it, it goes all funky..............oh well lol

Last edited:

LGT

Enlightened
Had to replace an ignitor on my gas stove. Everything done under stove. Used my SC600w MkIV and SC64w XHP35 at different positions for ceiling/floor bounce . Put the stove up on blocks to give some wiggle room.

kpatz

Newly Enlightened
We lost power for about an hour this morning, so I used my S1A to supplement the limited daylight illumination in the bathroom as I shaved and also to find clothes in a very dark walk-in closet.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I have found that the Four Sevens Quark Pro QP2L-X is a satisfactory dog walking light in the neighborhood. Low and medium modes are all I find myself needing to get to the dogs' leavings before they can ... recycle ... them. Sourced a few protected 16650 cells from Illumn to cut down on operating costs.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used an Incan AA minimag and a stock surefire e2e around the house- mostly to marvel at the tint and how far we have come since I got into flashlights.

ven

Flashaholic
Today for the 1st time ever, used a headlamp pretty much most of the day. Thanks to NL and vinh, a nice H2r neutral white. Nice floody beam on medium worked perfect, quite a lot easier having both hands free. It will now certainly play a part in my daily use, but so will flashlights.
LRjZbprl.jpg

Left the clip on in case i need to remove it and wear it! Fits fine with clip in place anyway, not as good as without, but good enough. Also swapped out the olight 3000mah cell, 2 reasons, 1- charge time is slow at 0.75a and dont like USB chargers if i can avoid them. 2nd safety, i can measure the voltage at the tail cap so its live. The pos is sunk down a mm or so, so wont short easy..............but the risk is still there. With a button top 30Q i can charge at 1a(works vpII) and not need to think about the live tail cap.
Beam of course floody from the frosted optic, colour temp hard to say, would guess around 4500k with a hint of warmth there.
UWIiopVl.jpg

Can feel the little extra weight on your head, basically you know its there, but not too much. I would say border line in weight, but then the cell is probably 1/2 the weight! (not measured).

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its funny, I was going to comment on another post of yours, that there were no headlights. I was curious why not, since the way you use your lights at work, a headlamp might be more convenient.

ven

Flashaholic
haha, well there is one now . I think i am just more of a traditional flashlight kind of guy tbh............Of course headlamps have many advantages, certainly on jobs where you are needing 2 hands(most jobs, but the light tends to get aimed at the subject). But if others are about, headlamps can be not too popular(dazzle). So although super useful , they can have draw backs if others are around imo.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like headlamps until some uses cause my hands block the light.
What would be cool Ven is one of your triples miniaturized to be a floody fingertip of a glove.... say the pinky, because it's not used that often and out of the way.

Think I'll duct tape a PR-1 onto a pair of fingerless Mechanix gloves....

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
So the other day a squirrel decided it would be a great idea to take some shelter in my trucks engine bay. You know, warm and protected and whatnot. While he was in there he decided that he needed a bit of a snack. So he looked around a saw some wires around and went "hmm, these look pretty good right about now. Lets eat these." So he chewed and chewed and went straight through the wires going to the windshield sprayer and my right fog light. When he decided he'd had enough he popped out and was chillin on my tire. Apparently my girlfriend saw him there, the rat ba$tard. Anyways, my friend and I used my brand new Lumintop tool ti and my thrunite ti to work on it and solder in some new wire, and with only a couple hours and bit of swearing we got it all working fine again.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Try scented dryer sheets under the hood if it sits a lot.

Classic car guys started this to keep mice out. But it seems that squirrels don't like them either.

I had trouble with cats using my car cover as a scratching post. Scented dryer sheets solved the issue for me.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Doesn't sit much at all, daily driven. Just decided to do it over night I guess. Ill give em a try though. Cant hurt anything. Thanks for the tip.

Latest posts