What did you use your flashlight for today?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Used my torches to try and find a pantry moth my mother allegedly saw flying around last night. First grabbed my S3 2700K (719a), but figured I needed a cooler tint to get more glare off the moth's wings, so I nabbed my S21A 5700K (519a).

No moth in sight, unfortunately, no matter how much I stirred and disturbed furniture and other crap in general. I'll check again after I get home later today.
Don't you let that possibly non-existent moth outsmart you. ;)

Ishango

Enlightened
I was cycling yesterday in the evening (already dark). Bicycle path was not lit very well, but no problem for me naturally. Then I saw a man kneeling on the ground in the grass with his phone light on, learned that he was looking for a lost wireless earbud (black). I stopped and pulled out my CSTEBOKE SC231T on high to help light the area. Unfortunately he did not find his earbud, but did find someone else's lost airpod.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Off from work tonight.
Used my Thrunite TT20 to look for my warm Wrangler cargo pants in the closet. Mission Failed, but not due to the light. Now I get to enjoy methodically tearing up my apartment, looking for my Winter cargo pants. Of which I have two pairs. Oh goody....

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
You just reminded me that I used my TK22 TAC to help me replace the batteries on a CO detector at my home as well! It started to beep and I figured I needed to get rid of it, but it actually uses 2AA batteries. It was tough to see behind it without my light to figure out how to unmount it from the wall.

letschat7

Suspended
Used a Streamlight Stinger at work and a corporate guy said it was like a paramedic light.

Used a Mag5C to turn water off and on as needed during freezing conditions, see pic.

Took a Philips torch outside and the bulb burned out so had to get a Barbolight penlite and a back up 3xAAA Maglite to go do my laundry after sundown.

Attachments

• E9DE4357-C01A-4403-8C8C-1D97E071AAB8.jpeg
    E9DE4357-C01A-4403-8C8C-1D97E071AAB8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • A5A8EDAB-6A2B-4C67-B443-13264C26859B.jpeg
    A5A8EDAB-6A2B-4C67-B443-13264C26859B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Major fog fall at my 3rd shift job. So, my Nitecore MH12S turned into a light-saber as I did my foot-patrol of the parking lot. It was fun for a few seconds, but despite a good combination of both flood and throw, I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me. Oh, the beam was definitely reaching out there! My eye-sight sure as heck wasn't.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Major fog fall at my 3rd shift job. So, my Nitecore MH12S turned into a light-saber as I did my foot-patrol of the parking lot. It was fun for a few seconds, but despite a good combination of both flood and throw, I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me. Oh, the beam was definitely reaching out there! My eye-sight sure as heck wasn't.
We had a lot of fog last night also. I've got to try out my LEP on a foggy night.

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Remember how a while back I said I'd get a bunch of (Gasp) 0light i1Rs on special for "give away to stranger" lights? Well, I've only got two left, and one found its way into (bigger gasp) my pocket as a backup light.
Well, I needed it…

I was pulling a late one at work to get the shed tidied up, and the very last thing I forklifted back inside was a pile of steel column covers that I had put 'round the back to make space for manoeuvring. It was light when I put them there, but pitch black when I went to get them. The forklift doesn't have lights, so of course I just pulled out my trusty Elzetta Bravo, and lit the way.

I had loaded up with the covers, and just begun reversing when the forklift hit a pothole, and the Elzetta, which I was holding against the frame of the forklift, was knocked out of my hand out of sight to the ground. I instinctively braked, and that combined with the pothole jolt dislodged the covers, which came crashing down off one side of the forklift forks in a giant pile everywhere.
When the din subsided, I realised that I was in the pitch dark. The Elzetta has taken a lot of drops, and never flinches; but as chance would have it tonight, it had hit the ground exactly on its tail switch and turned off!

And the handbrake on this forklift is broken. Dodgy, I know. And I was on a slope, with a dislodged load, in the pitch dark. Hooray.
So what did I do? (Dramatic drumroll)
I smiled wryly to myself, reached into my pocket and pulled out the Olight i1R; lit up the Elzetta to make sure I wouldn't run over it, (it probably wouldn't have minded, but still…) and disentangled the forklift from the mess.
I reloaded the covers and packed down for the night. (Morning?) :au:

Two is one, and one is none.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Remember how a while back I said I'd get a bunch of (Gasp) 0light i1Rs on special for "give away to stranger" lights? Well, I've only got two left, and one found its way into (bigger gasp) my pocket as a backup light.
Well, I needed it…

I was pulling a late one at work to get the shed tidied up, and the very last thing I forklifted back inside was a pile of steel column covers that I had put 'round the back to make space for manoeuvring. It was light when I put them there, but pitch black when I went to get them. The forklift doesn't have lights, so of course I just pulled out my trusty Elzetta Bravo, and lit the way.

I had loaded up with the covers, and just begun reversing when the forklift hit a pothole, and the Elzetta, which I was holding against the frame of the forklift, was knocked out of my hand out of sight to the ground. I instinctively braked, and that combined with the pothole jolt dislodged the covers, which came crashing down off one side of the forklift forks in a giant pile everywhere.
When the din subsided, I realised that I was in the pitch dark. The Elzetta has taken a lot of drops, and never flinches; but as chance would have it tonight, it had hit the ground exactly on its tail switch and turned off!

And the handbrake on this forklift is broken. Dodgy, I know. And I was on a slope, with a dislodged load, in the pitch dark. Hooray.
So what did I do? (Dramatic drumroll)
I smiled wryly to myself, reached into my pocket and pulled out the Olight i1R; lit up the Elzetta to make sure I wouldn't run over it, (it probably wouldn't have minded, but still…) and disentangled the forklift from the mess.
I reloaded the covers and packed down for the night. (Morning?) :au:

Two is one, and one is none.
Glad you weren't hurt! I'm also a little surprised that the forklift doesn't have any lights.

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Glad you weren't hurt! I'm also a little surprised that the forklift doesn't have any lights.
Yeah, we don't usually do night work, so lights aren't really needed. I'd still like to have some, but hey, it's just a yard forklift…. The main thing I'd like is the handbrake to get fixed ASAP. Chocking the wheels has been a pain!
I guess no harm, no foul, but I sure was glad to have the second torch.

Latest posts