What did you use your flashlight for today?

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
I used my newly-recieved Fenix E11 to try to find a paper jam in the photocopier at work. Sadly I failed but not due to the light - couldn't find any paper anywhere! Suspect a dodgy sensor in the machine somewhere.

Not a very exciting story but one of those 'glad I had a flashlight' moments!

Quiksilver

Enlightened
1. Upgraded my car stereo at 11pm. Used ZL H501 headlamp and HDS Rotary. Changed some vehicle light bulbs too.

2. Wednesday night, went for 70 minute fast walk on the beach and sand dunes. Used my modded SureFire 6P + A19 extender + Malkoff M60, and HDS Rotary.

duro

Enlightened
I was out last night enjoying the changing weather in south Florida (finally!) and was walking through a park area with my 4sevens G5. I got approached by three punks who were "poorly intentioned". I hit them with the strobe full blast, backed up and racked my Glock. They ran like hell. Evidently really bright strobes are very effective in combination with the appropriate sound effects.

Really? What warranted the deployment of your weapon? Please disclose the details of the altercation, I'm interested to read.

Thanks

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Yesterday I searched (in vain) for my Cell Phone using my P2D. My Cell grew legs and walked away from wherever it and my Sheffield Pocket Steel knife sharpener jumped out of my shirt pocket. This irritated me to no end......

Jumpsukainen

Newly Enlightened
Led lenser David 17 rechargeable. Tried to find my keys without waking up my wife - and did it too!

So, what have you used your lights for today?

[/QUOTE]

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
Used a flashlight for something a bit more useful and serious today than futile paper jam searches! A patient was heard shouting for help, on investigating found him on the floor with a small head wound. I used my Fenix E11 to inspect the wound with other staff to ascertain how large it was, luckily it was only a small cut. He saw the duty doctor and is fine again now, the other staff were quite surprised at how much light that little Fenix threw on the situation, that was in low mode too! Sadly it was too bright to use for neurological observations (checking pupil response)

Glad I had it with me, had a genuinely useful part to play today :)

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
The E11 is I think only 32 or 105 lumens, both of which are both too bright for neuro obs, tho didn't think to use the spill only! I've a Quark S2 Tactical on the way though from the US with an ultra-low moonlight mode which should be better for neuro obs :)

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just now used my H51w as a headlamp to make dinner, then used it as an overhead light to eat said dinner.
Dinner.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I ran over my HDS Flashlight with my Denali

Dude, you were seriously lucky. Do you have any clue how much damage you could have done to it?

Thankfully, you didn't end up having to take your Denali into the shop to get it fixed. ;)

Helmut.G

Enlightened
Dude, you were seriously lucky. Do you have any clue how much damage you could have done to it?

Thankfully, you didn't end up having to take your Denali into the shop to get it fixed. ;)
Who talks about the car? He could've scratched the HDS' anodizing :eek:

carbine

Newly Enlightened
Last night I used my TK15 to find a leak in my ceiling (Older house), because the toilet upstairs got clogged and it overflowed out the toilet and dripped through a hole in the floor. It dripped all over my stove top/oven, over pots and pans and onto me. Worst part was, it was diarrhea. Luckily there was more water than poo so it didn't smell that bad. I was pissed big time and couldn't find out which one of the three family members (all female) clogged the toilet. None confessed. This was all at 3AM. Cleaned everything then re-showered. I don't have pics to prove it, but this actually happened and pray it doesn't to you.

OCD

Enlightened
Was at my Uncle's house in the country for a family bbq. Used my HDS 200 to help some family members pick some turnips out in the field before they left. Later I used my Solarforce L2P with MPP1 head to point out satellites crossing the sky.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
I used my edc quark 123 to clean the terminals on my petrel headlamp for my up coming camping/kayak trip. How self serving is that???