What did you use your flashlight for today?

ieslei

Newly Enlightened
My brother and i at my mother's house in the country side decided to go out for a walk to test some flashlights in no asphalt and in dark areas and when were like 0,4 mile from home a drunk man started to follows us and when he noticed that we had powerfull flashlights he thought we were a threat( there's no cree led flashlights here in brazil)... Most of our flashlights are not brighter than 2 lumens. Specially in the country side, those people still only know incandescent lights... So as possible house ownner in region he might had thought we were some kind of manace.... Back to the facts: he yelled ( come over here u faggots) and started running and so did us! Huhu we turned the flashlights off(tk21 and thrunite a1) and we went to the woods in order to hide! In silence we waited for the moment the drunk would pass and head home. He could see few things cause it was a full moon night Huhu If our plan did do not work: strobe pointed at his eyes and get the hell out.... But the man just passed running thinking we were just ahead and then he went away saying wird things out loud! that was it! We went home and no flashlights test that night!

I must say: Nice adventure! My brother wants a nightvision monocular now! LoL

Cheers!

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I picked my brother and his wife up from the airport tonight. When we arrived at their house needless to say it was totally dark and of course he never has any of the flashlights that I have given him. I walked them up the front steps using my Quark 123 to light the way.

I've learned that if you want non-flashaholic loved ones to carry a light, best bet is a Photon Freedom, Photon II, Princeton Tec Pulsar II, or a similar coin-cell light. And, even better, get a hold of their main keyring. Put the light on there for them. That way, it'll be a tiny pain in the neck to remove the light. Many folks will just leave it on there out of laziness. But if needed, they'll at least have something.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've learned that if you want non-flashaholic loved ones to carry a light, best bet is a Photon Freedom, Photon II, Princeton Tec Pulsar II, or a similar coin-cell light. And, even better, get a hold of their main keyring. Put the light on there for them. That way, it'll be a tiny pain in the neck to remove the light. Many folks will just leave it on there out of laziness. But if needed, they'll at least have something.

truth.
and even got some responses back that they were useful.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my Petzl Tactikka Saturday night to break down camp in the pouring rain .

My brother was using a Solarforce L2P hand held I gave him for Christmas one year, limiting the use of his hands, so I gave him my cheap Energizer backup headlamp and he was glad to have it.

Jrubin

Newly Enlightened
used my Quark X aa² to attach a battery tender to my car that i was winterizing for storage

Sammy_boy

Newly Enlightened
Searching for things in the kitchen using my MiniMag with the TLE-5EX upgrade - most of the striplights in our kitchen have stopped working and they don't do tubes for them any more so even looking on the (untidy) kitchen table needs a flashlight! Will be getting them replaced soon, but in the meantime gives me an excuse to play with flashlights in the house :p

Enzo

Newly Enlightened
I went for a walk last night around the neighborhood and took my TK35. I heard something rustling up ahead and thought it was a cat.
I shinned the light on high, it was a skunk, it turned, looked at me like "get that thing out of my eyes".... I turned off the light, apologized and we both went our separate ways.....

Raccoon18

Newly Enlightened
I went for a walk last night around the neighborhood and took my TK35. I heard something rustling up ahead and thought it was a cat.
I shinned the light on high, it was a skunk, it turned, looked at me like "get that thing out of my eyes".... I turned off the light, apologized and we both went our separate ways.....

Always better to be the bigger man and let him do his thing! :huh:

We have automated lights in one of our main buildings on campus, and after 45min they all switch off to save energy is case they are forgotten to be switched off over weekends for example. You need to reach the master switch again then to power them back up, and I cunningly used the low mode on my JETBeam BC-10 to maneuver over there and hit it for some glorious light!

I think that is a good example of needing a flashlight with you everyday, even in daytime, which a lot of people don't understand.

gsr

Enlightened
I used my Surefire E2DL to light up the inside of a shed, high on a mountian, when the heaters tripped the circut breaker. It didn't take long to reset the breaker, but it was another one of those moments that made me glad to have a light on me.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
We are using a place I formerly worked at for a garage sale this Thurs thru Sat. My former Boss (Ahole) and co-worker (Gem of a guy) came by to do something and I allowed co-worker to use my P2D to look for a part as there is no power in the building.

Last night looked for the source of burning smell and smoke. Was dispersed by the time the Vol Fire Dept showed up to look around.

Here in the woods where we are WAY behind in rain fire scares the bejeebers out of me!

Richub

Enlightened
Used my Fenix E11 on low to avoid stepping on some huge slugs behind the house.
I really hate it when you step on one. First, you almost slip & fall. Second, you're in for some serious cleaning to get that slimy crap off your shoes. :sick2:

The slugs themselves are pretty awesome though, some are 20 cm (7 inches) or more, and they have a bright orange/brown color. Only thing is, when I illuminate them with my E11, they get defensive and pull back their antennas and stop crawling. It's too bright for them, obviously. ;)

This is a picture of one:
slug.jpg

Last edited:

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
that's NOT what slugs look like at my house :sick2: . . . .that is actually kinda pretty :thumbsup:

Used my Rotary to illuminate the creek not far from our home. I was watching for snakes and whatnot. We saw a few bass (YES, it a creek) , some little fish that I would guess were minnows, a lot of shells, and some wrappers - evidence that there some folks playing "leap frog" down there. I hope we don't ever walk upon that :eek:. THat would NOT be good.

My 8 yo used my Mule last night to read her book at bedtime. She and her 7yo sister were having a "sleep-over" in the 8yo's twin size top bunk bed. The 7yo fell asleep and Em wanted to keep reading. So she tip-toed in and asked for the "floody light". I tried to take a pic later as it was SO sweet, but the hardwood floor creaked and the flashlight came toward me and the photo moment was over . . .

Last edited:

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
I'm always afraid when cleaning litter out of the local ponds that my daughter will try and pick up the odd "shell" :sick2: It's great people are having fun and being safe while playing leap frog but... Dude, police your brass after you shoot your "gun". I don't want to see it, I don't want to touch it and I especially don't want my daughter to see or touch it.:mad:

I took a walk with my 10yo and we used my Solarforce L2T with XM-L to find bullfrogs and crawdads. I forgot to take pics :ohgeez: All those caught were named and set free.

Acid87

Enlightened
scottyhazzard said:
I'm always afraid when cleaning litter out of the local ponds that my daughter will try and pick up the odd "shell" :sick2: It's great people are having fun and being safe while playing leap frog but... Dude, police your brass after you shoot your "gun". I don't want to see it, I don't want to touch it and I especially don't want my daughter to see or touch it.:mad:

I took a walk with my 10yo and we used my Solarforce L2T with XM-L to find bullfrogs and crawdads. I forgot to take pics :ohgeez: All those caught were named and set free.

I assume a shell is an American term for the love glove?