What did you use your flashlight for today?

varmint

Enlightened
Just as always every night checking livestock and gates here, 1st trip was with my Olight M20 late trip was with my Streamlight Strion.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Earlier tonight, I noticed that a couple of scratches I had fixed with touch-up paint were showing again. Very minor scratches on the rear bumper. My fault for being too stingy with the touch-up paint. (Usually, less is more. But not this time.) Since a huge downpour arrived a bit unexpectedly right after I hopped in, I decided to fix the scratches at home. Pulled into my garaged parking space, couldn't see a thing back there. Grabbed the main light I keep in my car, LED Lenser T7 model. Used high-mode on the flood setting. Must admit, that mode and setting produce a gorgeous beam. (Unfortunately, the light itself is overpriced, battery-carrier is cheap & fragile, and the 4AA format optimized for alkies is truly ridiculous.)

The emitter is also clearly overdriven since the light heated up far too quickly and started to become uncomfortable to hold, after just a handful of short minutes. I finished up, and now the rear bumper looks mint. Very happy.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I discovered that dust bunnies had stolen some of my favorite small flashlights. I lit up the area between the headboard and the wall and retrieved a fist full of theml Those dust bunnies cannot be trusted! lol

Richub

Enlightened
I abused my Fenix TK41 last evening to make some big moths fall out of the sky... ;)

I was in a friend's garden after dark, chatting and enjoying a warm late summer's day, and we noticed some big moths flying around. I grabbed my TK41 and lit one up. It almost immediately closed it's wings and dropped to the ground. I think it's a defensive trick of those moths.
It looked so funny we all laughed, and spent the last hour in the garden chasing moths. :)

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
I abused my Fenix TK41 last evening to make some big moths fall out of the sky... ;)

I was in a friend's garden after dark, chatting and enjoying a warm late summer's day, and we noticed some big moths flying around. I grabbed my TK41 and lit one up. It almost immediately closed it's wings and dropped to the ground. I think it's a defensive trick of those moths.
It looked so funny we all laughed, and spent the last hour in the garden chasing moths. :)

That is Great!!!! Guess what we are doing tonight . . . . as long as it doesnt' hurt the moths . . . .

It reminded me that one of the best "tool' uses for my Rotary is early morning duty. I use it to peek in on my little sleeping beauties, (it is getting cold . . . they might need a blanket, or to be tucked in) and then I fire it up to light my way to the car hole where I get my every morning diet soda. It is kept in the car hole so that we are not all tempted to drink it through the day. . . anyway, my cat Henry, likes to tear between my legs as I'm coming in from the car hole and get himself out there to make all kinds of problems . . . that I often don't discover until a day or two later. . . .. arrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh. Anyway, I've found that if I turn the Rotary on full blast and shine it down low and shake it all crazy like that Henry will retreat!!!!! No more "sally skip under the bed". . . anyone remember that little golden book? - I may have just aged myself. . .

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Whole family was out last night and found myself by myself. So I cleaned and lubed my lights and watched the movie "300". It would have turned out much better for Leonitis if he had an Olight SR90!

OCD

Enlightened
While watching a movie tonight, we heard crashing and breaking coming from the kitchen. What we thought were glasses sitting on the counter falling onto the floor when actually 2 glass candle holders had managed to vibrate off the top of the microwave. Only one broke, which was surprising as our kitchen floor is ceramic tile, as is the hallway and the lead into the living room. Needless to say, broken glass travels absurd distances in our house.

I used my HDS 200 on high to shine across the floor while my wife vacuumed up the pieces. It made the glass shards *sparkle*! Found quite a few that were missed on the first vacuuming.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used my Olight Ti Infinitum to find and clean up glass on the hardwood floors at friends. Kids+football+pictures on the wall= glass every time. :)

Using the light parallel to the floor made quick work of finding it all to keep the kids feet safe.

Helmut.G

Enlightened
used my Thrunite Scorpion neutral w/ Turbohead for cleaning up pieces of a broken mirror on the floor a couple of hours ago.

I also often use the Scorpion to watch hunting bats in the sky at night.

PhillyRube

Enlightened
I used my Fenix P3D EDC to light up the gaping wound in my leg from surgery last week. Wife took a couple pictures of it. Long story.....

thaugen

Enlightened
I used my Eagletac D25a to help a friend find a lost earring. She said, "Wow that is a really bright light! Is that a maglite?" I replied, "No, it's an Eagletac."

tam17

Enlightened
This evening I've used my Jetbeam PA01 to warn a reckless driver who was driving in reverse without looking back, obviously not noticing me pushing a stroller with my 10 month old son inside. Seeing the strobe, driver hit the brakes immediately and his A-Class Merc stopped about 2 meters from us. I've proceeded, deciding not to enter a pointless confrontation.

Since reckless driving is a national sport here, it's a good practice to remain watchful, act defensively and keep a flashlight with pre-programmed strobe at hand :mad:

Tam

Helmut.G

Enlightened
This evening I've used my Jetbeam PA01 to warn a reckless driver who was driving in reverse without looking back, obviously not noticing me pushing a stroller with my 10 month old son inside. Seeing the strobe, driver hit the brakes immediately and his A-Class Merc stopped about 2 meters from us. I've proceeded, deciding not to enter a pointless confrontation.

Since reckless driving is a national sport here, it's a good practice to remain watchful, act defensively and keep a flashlight with pre-programmed strobe at hand :mad:

Tam
good thing you were prepared.

used a small coin cell keychain flashlight to accidentally blind my GF today while comparing the beam to a surefire 6P with cheapo 9V incand dropin.

Xacto

Enlightened
This evening I've used my Jetbeam PA01 to warn a reckless driver who was driving in reverse without looking back, obviously not noticing me pushing a stroller with my 10 month old son inside. [..]

Shows once again how usefull strobe can be. Congrats on your defensive reaction, I am not sure if I would have been that cool.

Cheers
Thorsten (former A-Class driver, currently smart and B-Class driver, soon A-Class driver again ;-)

nbp

Flashaholic
PhillyRube said:
I used my Fenix P3D EDC to light up the gaping wound in my leg from surgery last week. Wife took a couple pictures of it. Long story.....

We've got time.... :popcorn: