What did you use your flashlight for today?

Mkline

Newly Enlightened
Used my g2 to illuminate the "tent" my daughter and I made with chairs and a sheet.

ericjohn

Enlightened
My new Mini Maglite Pro...First I was messing around outside with it. Then I figured out why the modem/wireless router (it's a single device) kept falling off my desk. Most of the ethernet cable was stuck under the desk and gave my aforementioned device no play room. I rerouted it and now I will see if it still falls.

glowrdr

Newly Enlightened
I need to get my order in for my first Surefire - trying to wait until this weekend, but I may just get it. Needed it twice last night, had to use the Viridian and a Enegizer 1W LED that my wife picked up somewhere along the line. Newly planted grass (about a week ago, it's about 1" tall) - had 2 rabbits frolicking around in it. Lit them up and they left.

Then about an hour later, hear little noises (scratching almost?). Cat and dog both sleeping. I've found 2 mice in the last week at my place, and it's been years since I've had any signs before this. Tis the season though, so the wife and I went looking for the source. Never did find it.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a plumber over looking at various repair work I needed done. Pulled out my EDC QAAX on a 14500 and used low and medium (3/20) lumens to point things out in the nooks and crannies. At some point, I guess he wanted more light and said he was going get his "good" flashlight out of the truck, which turned out to be a Maglite 3xD 130 lm LED baseball batt, which he put in his front pocket between uses causing him to limp around.

Thought about clicking my Quark up to high 115 lms to match his Maglite, or Turbo 400 lumens to crush his Maglite, but then thought that might only result in a higher bill to me. So we just used the baseball bat and struggled to position it in the tighter spots as it kept getting stuck between corners, floorboards and 2x4s.

Oh well, show off opportunity lost with my weeny light.

mallit

Newly Enlightened
used it to put my dogs in their kennel for the night.
Its like running a back yard "obstacle" course avoiding their doggy droppings scattered around the place

Ishango

Enlightened
I always use my lights when walking the dog at night. I usually play a bit with my lights as well. I received my Eagletac D25C Clicky XM-L last night and I was simply amazed by it's brightness. I expected it to be one my brightest lights, but turning it on I was completely blown away. On sight it even seems brighter than my TK12 although a bit floodier. It's a great light and I like the UI.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prevented someone from taking an unauthorized photo of me.

- "Can I take a picture of you?"
- "No."
*she takes out her phone and points it at me anyway*
*take out my TN11S and blast the phone with it*
*laugh when she complains how the resulting picture is just a white screen*

Last edited:

eclipse13

Newly Enlightened
Enomosiki, why was some random person trying to take a picture of you?

At my softball game, someone on the opponent's team had a bug fly into their ear. My life goes to try and help. She comes back promptly and says, "none of them have a flashlight," as she rolls her eyes and grabs her Surefire G2L that I gave to her a few years ago from her purse. I just looked around and said, "that's right, that is my wife everyone!"

SuLyMaN

Enlightened
Just used my flashlight quark x aa tactical on high to locate and hunt down a big lizard in my kitchen. Now going to use moonlight mode for the night

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

Ishango

Enlightened
Saturday evening we were visiting my mother-in-law. She lives near a lake surrounded by a (bicycle) path and forest with the complete area being unlit. There was a bit of moonlight, but the trees and plants were pretty dense in some spots, so visibility was next to nothing. My girlfriend and I went out walking the dog there and I used my Fenix PD30 and Eagletac D25C (XM-L Clicky) to light the way and look around the area. We first used the paths through the forest and both lights are great for this purpose. Especially the D25C is a small sized light with a lot of output and (for me) a very nice throw vs. flood balance. I also used it to scan one larger open area since my gf thought she heard or saw someone. Turned out to be nothing, but it was great to finally see the throw of these lights (normally I live in the city and in my country most forests are forbidden to access after sunset). We went back over the bicycle path and I used the PD30 on a lower mode to let some cyclists know we were walking there and make our white dog clearly visible.

kamote-fries

Newly Enlightened
I used my e15 on low mode to check on my buddy's lip after he got a head butt during catch wrestling training. Both upper and lower lip got busted.

LGT

Enlightened
While responding to a car hit pole, I got some good use from my Thrunite Catapult V2 to check that the wires on adjacent poles were still secured. Zebralight H51w HL for close up hands on work on my hardhat and my HDS 200 rotary for everything inbetween. A very good night for a flashaholic.:D

Latest posts