What did you use your flashlight for today?

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, for some bizarre reason, everyone who trespasses and parks over by the Wall; leaves their lights on! No clue why. They just all of them do. Makes it sooo much easier to spot them. 😁

Ohhh wait, I forgot that most newer vehicles have those "automatic" headlights. You know, the driver can put the headlight switch in "auto" mode and not have to burden his or her brain with the terrible conundrum of when to turn the lights on or off.

ANYWAY, one of the features I've noticed is that the lights stay on for a time after you shut the engine off and walk away. That's probably what happened here; the driver didn't think about the fact that the headlights stayed on after he shut the engine off (and there's no dinger to remind you since the lights will turn off on their own anyway).

I seem to remember some vehicles that will not do this if you flip the light to "off". I will say that it drives my OCD nature nuts when I'm walking away from a vehicle and see the lights still on, because I think "did I leave the lights on or is that the auto function thing??"

Ahem, so, on-topic again, I earlier heard a unidentifiable, slight crinkling noise in my bedroom behind me when I was at the computer, and I grabbed my Acebeam E70-Mini to look around and see what it might have been. Found nothing. But I'm loving the Mini for indoor use because it gives a perfectly smooth pool of light that doesn't play tricks on your eyes with artifacts in the beam the way some lights do when your search/look at things.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
PD-36R for a quick sweep of the back yard after our motion sensing light turned on for no apparent reason. I never found what triggered it; might have been the neighborhood cat.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought about this. Back when I was 13 or 14 I had some fun with a girl out on a pool deck in broad day light (everyone was away at work.) before going for a swim. Maybe if I was a voyeur I'd keep the job but I'd find some other light related work. You could do some engineering work with high cri penlights or head lamps. Or become a fireman. There are all kinds of choices.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I travelled light with a Reylight Rook. I didn't use it so much as the girls at work did to play field sobriety test with a collegue that was using marihuana. They couldn't believe it was as bright as it is which is very moderate.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night I mounted a TV to a wall. The design of the bracket was such that I needed to use a long Philips head screw driver hidden behind the TV to tighten it in place. I needed a little extra light to see the screw head. I could not have finished the job without a flashlight. There wasn't enough room to get my hand in there to do it by feel.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Accidently deleted...
Used my Lumintop Toolvn to navigate an outdoor amphitheater Steve Miller concert last night.
IMG_5516.jpg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lets see, I tested my M3 once I put new guts in the tailcap from another light. I also used my Elzetta Alpha to look into the crawl space under the house.
I can't even remember the last time someone posted about putting their SureFire M3 (or M3T) to any sort of use. :(

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. The Steve Miller Band fell off my RADAR back in the late 1970's. The guy is 79! I figured he was out of business by now. Impressive staying power!
All things considered it was a great concert. Listening to the numbers you'd never know Steve's 79! He played some hot guitar solos and did a kick *** extended harmonica intro to 'Living In The USA' :clap:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
All things considered it was a great concert. Listening to the numbers you'd never know Steve's 79! He played some hot guitar solos and did a kick *** extended harmonica intro to 'Living In The USA' :clap:
Somewhere I have an LP of his that I bought way back in the day--I think it has a Pegasus on the cover, but not sure if that was his LP or someone else. I also bought a CD of his Greatest Hits 1974-1978 which I put on my PC.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Got new eyeglasses today - first pair with auto-darkening lenses. It's overcast so I can't test the feature in the field. Moderately disappointed. But then I remember the HID spotlight and I proceed to force the issue. They transition reasonably fast with but the stray UV and I'm satisfied that I got what I paid for.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used my Surefire Fury DFT to blind a spider while I got my knife blade (Gerber A-F Combat Folder Double Bevel) close enough to strike. Killed the little arachnid! I have used this technique numerous times, and it works. Hopefully, all that knife will ever kill is spiders and such.