What if you could only have ONE general use flashlight?

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
If I had to pick one light, from the lights I currently own, it would have to be my B60GT. If I could have any one light on the market, it would be a U85GT. :)

- Chris

wquiles

Flashaholic
Yes, these posts are always hard to answer :rant:

Currently my SF A2 is as close to a do it all as I can hope for, in terms of a single light. My modified A2 with 35K KevinL white LED's can safely take primaries as well as rechagables (non protected, unfortunately), and the LED is fairly good indoors and the incandecent is outstanding outdoors.

The only other possibility would be a single host with multiple battery and head options:
1) (HIGH power option) SF M6 with the LOLA and 5W LED TurboLamp adapter

or

2) (More practical option) My bored-out L5 (1x18650, 1x17670, 2xRechargable CR123, and 2xCR123) with a BugOutGear 3W and 5W LED modules and (the all important) McGizmo two-level classic switch.

or

3) (Cheapest) Same as #2 on a yellow G2, which of course can't use the mighty 18650 cell but still can use the two-level McGizmo classic switch.

Will

lightplay22

Enlightened
Surefire A2, If I had to suffer with just one!

Next in line would be HDS EDC. A2 is my right hand, HDS is my left and I don't plan on giving up either one.

Nodak

Newly Enlightened
Would a Tigerlight with an A2 taped to it still count as one?

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I could possibly have only one light with me, it is the U2. It already in my three-lights EDC.
Any of the incandescent will give max 1 hr runtime. No good if I remain stuck in a cave, a bunker, an unpowered metro station, or other places where I may need to wait for rescue. Also, the bulb filament may fail at any time.

Please keep in mind that is have many nice and cool light, but a light is good only if you have it when you need it.
So, I don't EDC any cheapo light, to not risk to use it in a moment of real need. It is already happened to me to have a flickering and unreliable flashlight during a real emergency, and that is not going to happen anymore.

Anthony

Topper

Flashaholic*
The RULE is ONE GENERAL USE flashlight. No problemo I pick my SF 9AN as my GENERAL USE flashlight. I still get to keep my right pocket light and my backup right pocket light my left hand pocket light my bed side bump in the night light my car use light backup car use light my gravel road light my annoy the folks across the street light my..........
Topper

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Ok, I've stepped away from the edge..

As for "one general purpose" light (as compared to one light overall, :whistle: ), I'd take a Streamlight PP 4AA Luxeon to fill that role. :sweat:

kukula

Enlightened
Hmmmmm. This is got to be the hardest question I have ever encountered all my life :sweat: Just one? Oh pls I need more than one :faint: Lemme see. Will it be my Gladius? Oh but I also love my U2? And then theres the PD? Arggghhh I love them all :laughing:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you out of your friggin' mind?? ONE flashlight??? I don't think so!!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I think my arcwhite with an LED bulb option would be my choice as it has a nice fluoro for flood and the incan throws well and swap out for an LED for longer runtime.

aceo07

Enlightened
hmm.. If it wasn't so expensive, the U85 with 2cell battery tube.

Else I'll stick with my U60 (with 2cell tube if that's not expensive).