What is a good pocket thrower?

Search4light

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all guys for the advices.
In the end I bought an ITP SC1 R2 that should give me about 6klux in a very compact and lightweight body.
I chose the R2 version over the R5
I regret I could not buy the nitecore extreme, but I could not find a good price, maybe in future...

Lighteous

Enlightened
Thank you all guys for the advices.
In the end I bought an ITP SC1 R2 that should give me about 6klux in a very compact and lightweight body.
I chose the R2 version over the R5
I regret I could not buy the nitecore extreme, but I could not find a good price, maybe in future...

Yeah, the cost of the Nitecore Extreme is about $70. That's the same price I paid for mine over a year ago. I hope the ITP works out for you!

Search4light

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the cost of the Nitecore Extreme is about $70. That's the same price I paid for mine over a year ago. I hope the ITP works out for you!
70US$ would be a great price in Europe, think that the lowest I could find was 64 pounds (shipped) in UK which converts to little more than 100$. I could order in honk kong but wait 2 months until arrive and the risk of custom inspections and fees. Not good. I missed a good opportunity though, an Extreme q5 at 50% price in a german shop, but they were out of stock (of course) by the time I emailed them :(
The cheap SC1 should be good though, the beam is quite amazing for its size, and if the switch is like the SA2 I already have it's a pleasure to use (unlike rrt-0) surely it has not the great shape, handling and bezel of a nitecore extreme. I'll try to get used.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The Surefire L1 Stock head on VME clicky body with IMR 16340 does nearly 50% more lux/throw and while identical in size, its alot smaller.

bigC

It does 50% more throw/lux than a 270L XP-G in tandem with an coated aspheric lens? Wow! I wonder how that's possible? Any chance you could steer me toward some data points comparing these two? Thanks BigC!