What is greatest flashlight out there?

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
i recently came into some money($175.00) and i am looking for the everything flashlight. i want throw, brightness, flood, long runtime,(batteries dont matter) it also wouldn't hurt if the flashlight looked awesome. any suggestions? your input would be greatly appreciated i really respect your guy's opinion and im sure you will help me pick the best flashlight for the money thanks:twothumbs

BBL

Enlightened
Re: greatest flashlight out there

we all search for the same, we'll inform you once we found it :D

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened

instead of directing me towards the search engine could you please give me a model or a manufacturer? something?:thinking:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast

i recently came into some money($175.00) and i am looking for the everything flashlight. i want throw, brightness, flood, long runtime,(batteries dont matter) it also wouldn't hurt if the flashlight looked awesome. any suggestions? your input would be greatly appreciated i really respect your guy's opinion and im sure you will help me pick the best flashlight for the money thanks:twothumbs

Brightness doesn't go with runtime and throw doesn't go with flood. You may want to start by making your own... Perfect stuff aren't for sale.

I see you already have a TK11.. this light has pretty much the specs you mentioned. I think you should get a N30 HID flashlight with the P60 drop-in mod. For $175 there are few lights to choose from.

Last edited:

Toaster

Enlightened

Jetbeam M1X and Fenix TK40 are both currently at the top of my want list :sssh:

Gary007

Newly Enlightened

anything from here but in particular, the UB3 and A2L, okay and the M3L, and the Vampire, and then the ARC. Might blow past your budget though. :broke: But I get the feeling you might be a Fenix guy, so how about the TK11 R2? (oops, edit, I see you already have the TK11)

Or get a Maglite with a Triple Drop in from Malkoff

Last edited:

ToeMoss

Newly Enlightened

Put the money towards a Surefire M6.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Sorry, doesn't exist. With your expectations, you will certainly end up disappointed. Get something else for your money, something you know that pleases you.
bernie

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

there really isnt an uber light. My suggestion would be to start off with the fenix store (www.fenix-store.com), and look into getting two lights. I woud say definitely get yourself an LD01 and then either an ld20,pd20 or one of the TK series. With two of those lights and good batteries for both you will probably have met your budget and have a pretty great starting arsenal.

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened

maybe my expectations are too high :shrug: i just want an awesome light lets put it that way and i am willing to spend $175.00 for it

paulr

Flashaholic

Next step up from the TK might be a Tiablo A10 ARC, which is just barely within your budget (4sevens.com).

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Define what you want first, and choose your light then. For example, do you want throw, flood, how bright shoudl it be, how long should it run, multilevel, user interface, quality of construction, incan or LED, etc.
What will you use it for? What characteristics are mandatory for the mission and what is not?

This is an approach that might yield more satisfaction with the result, but it needs some work to be done by you.

But then again ... searching and choosing is almost as much fun as owning it :)

bernie

sappyg

Enlightened

dang it.... i opened up this thread because i thought someone was going to tell what the greatest flashlight out there was.
now i'm confused :shrug:

Gary007

Newly Enlightened

be patient, somebody will come along soon and let us know.

dang it.... i opened up this thread because i thought someone was going to tell what the greatest flashlight out there was.
now i'm confused :shrug: