What is it about the E2 form factor?

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gonna chime in here, too -- there's just something about the E2 and E2E -- though I think the E2E has more of it (when fitted with the long clip; ironically, my Aviator wears the short clip). It's something about how it its the hand; my Inova AA Luxeon light has a lot of it too. Whatever it is results in a willingness to forgive a multitude of sins and outdatedness. Maybe functional perfection is just getting so close to 100% that we ignore the last couple percent and perceive it as actual perfection?

I have yet to experience a Z52, but I imagine it'll have just as much of the E-series magic.

For the record, the E2 platform is the only Surefire I own two of. Also, despite owning an Aviator and Twisty, I am still regularly tempted to EDC the venerable Executive.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I am still regularly tempted to EDC the venerable Executive.
I EDC my Executive every single day, a retro E1. 'Course, the emitter isn't exactly stock... :devil:
Cuptest4011.jpg
Cuptest4012-1.jpg

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know either. I have quite a few. I've got a E2e kit stashed at work. They are perfect right out of the box. With the MN02 LA you have a great camping light.

The summer season brings out my incans since I don't need a long running light with the longer brighter days.

The E2e, M2, and M6 are my "Boys of Summer!!!"

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
lol i think the E2E is a sexy flashlight, nothing else out there is " pretty"

my only problem with it ( besides the incan bulb ) is the bezel up clip,

but who really cares.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
A poster over in the Malkoff E-Series Heads thread in the LED forums pointed out that LAPoliceGear has E2s on clearance.

Not something you see often with SureFire lights....

I checked the site, and it said the E2E in Black and E2E in Satin Gray are DISCONTINUED!

:eeksign:

Don't know if this is true, but I just plunked down $65 for an E2 in Satin Gray. So I'm either a sucker, or I'm going to be really happy in a few days when the UPS man arrives. :twothumbs

Jaywalk3r

Banned
After reading this thread, I decided to Buy and try an E2D. I honestly wasn't that optimistic about the E series lights, but upon receiving it today, I have to admit being impressed with the form factor. Perfect, it isn't. But, it is much better than I anticipated.

Now if I could just find an way to inexpensively convert it to LED to make it practical for me to use it as an EDC … :thinking: