What is THE world's most powerful production, hand held Torch out there?

RoyWalker

Newly Enlightened
Been away for a while...what is number 1 now? production made, can buy easily on amazon or ebay
and of course hand held.

RoyWalker

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, will look those up.
edit: That one for throw looks interesting. Got one?

Last edited:

RoyWalker

Newly Enlightened
Actually that new Tiny Monster 16 looks like the most bang for the buck at $176, half the price of the 36.
700m throw and 4000L. Whoa. Great combination throw and flood. Sold.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh's modifications are great, but they are not production lights.

The Olight SR96 might be a strong contender. I measured this at an actual OTF of 5299lm.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been away for a while...what is number 1 now? production made, can buy easily on amazon or ebay
and of course hand held.

Production made and available on eBay or Amazon? By production are you talking about a non-modified light? If so, the Fenix RC40 is factory rated at 6,000 lumens. The Acebeam X60M is supposed to put out 7500 lumens (they claimed 10,000, maybe China lumens). The Acebeam K70 is rated for 1300 meters of throw.

Away from eBay and Amazon, the Lemax LX70 Superpower appears to be the throw king. The Maxa Beam is probably a close second.

The lights listed by the other commenters are all highly modified lights only available from Vinh at Skylumen.

RoyWalker

Newly Enlightened

"Away from eBay and Amazon, the Lemax LX70 Superpower appears to be the throw king. The Maxa Beam is probably a close second."

Just You-tubed it and found the below. Thanks BlueRidge. Looks like LX70 is the king with throw; blows away the RC40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxn4IuyysY4

So I don't feel outpowered much at all with what I bought a few years ago. The Chinese SkyRay XM-L 16 cree; purported 20,000 lumen, but with 80W, I'd say it's right at 8,000 lumens - quite the thrower at around 300m and floods everything with those 8,000L. Uses SIX 18650's.

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I don't feel outpowered much at all with what I bought a few years ago. The Chinese SkyRay XM-L 16 cree; purported 20,000 lumen, but with 80W, I'd say it's right at 8,000 lumens - quite the thrower at around 300m and floods everything with those 8,000L. Uses SIX 18650's.

Being that the Cree or Cree copy that SkyRay used is a couple of years old, I doubt that they got more than 600 lumens out of each of the XM-L emitters.

A light meter would tell the tale. The tiny reflectors used on the SkyRay don't have the ability to focus light very well. The light would be good for flood, but not throw. Until recently the furthest throwing LED light was the Nitecore TM36, the Throw King.

HID and short arc lights are in a different class than LED.