What is your everyday carry light?

ugrey

Enlightened
Fenix P2D- in left front pocket
Fenix P3D- in rear pocket beside wallet
Fenix LOD- on key chain
Arc AAA- in small pocket sewn on wallet
SF 12P- in briefcase

Do 5 EDC flashlights qualify me as a Flashaholic?

I do wish that SF would release a Cree L4. Can you say, "slower than Christmas"?

M.S

Enlightened
I used to edc my seouled HDS EDC B42XR for really long time, but I have been carrying my P3D Q5 lately, it's less bulky on my waist. I also have 2C ROP-LE Hi and Zebralight Q5 in my bag during the work week.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Modded E1L rides in my 5th pocket with a lanyard attached to a belt loop. I just bought a Surefire Scoutlight and the Black KL4 head has the nicest, brightest beam!!! I am so happy with this one, that now I find it on me all the time as well! I had a KL4 that I bought that was absolutly terrible! It was nasty horse pee yellow/green and there was a blue tint on one side of the emitter that was just wrong....I'm assuming it was on its way out. I modded that KL4 with 3 seouls and used to EDC that for a while. I like the super flood of the modded head so well that I put that on the Scoutlight body as my room clearing light.....its like flipping a lightswitch! the whole room just lights up!
I also keep the 6P this strike bezel in my backpack, and if I leave anywhere for any extended amount of time, I throw the M3T with the modded KT4 with 3 Seouls and 3 Mcr27s. I like my lights.

SF416.jpg

Last edited:

heckboy

Enlightened
Depending on which car I'm driving: Arc AAA P, Fenix E1, Wee 50 lumen. Briefcase has a Fenix P1D CE and a L2.

Later,
HB

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
My McLux III PD-S and Seoulmodded HDS U60 usually split EDC duty. Occasionally carry LF2 or L1T V2. Got a new HDS preordered so this will change.

GreySave

Enlightened
I usually do not mind carrying a larger light, so.....

The majority of the daylight hours its a Huntlight Cree with a Streamlight Key-Mate as a backup of last resort. Occasionally an A2, U2. or WE 9 series either in place of the Huntlight or in addition to it if I think there might be a need. All ride in belt holsters.

At night I usually switch to the WE 9 series, U2, Kroma, or the A2 if I need a smaller light to hide in a shirt pocket.

heckboy

Enlightened
Good question.

I have a different keyring for each car because I like to keep the pocket load to a minimum. I can only drive one at a time anyway...;)

I also get to try out different key chain lights that way which is becoming what I really get geeked on as a flashoholic.

Later,
HB

OK, I've got to ask. What does which car you're driving have to do with which light(s) you EDC?

illumiGeek

Enlightened
Mr. Bulk VIP is still my normal EDC. It's an oldie but goodie.

I have various cheaper LED lights I carry at times when I think the light might get borrowed, lost or stolen (like when I go camping). I also have some larger lights I carry at night. Usually modded Mags.

Aloha, iG (Tim)

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
recently it's been my silver P1D-CE Q5 which just replaced the MillerMod's Arc AAA xr-e on my keychain.

it feels good going back to a single cr123 pocket rocket!

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I rotate between a few trusty EDC (and a few not-so-EDC'able) lights.

Right now - Fenix P2D Rebel-100, which I also carry on trips with 1xAA and 2xAA tubes (when this light becomes the L1D or L2D version respectively) instead of the 1xCR123A.

But often I rotate with the Ti-PD-S (though never if passing through an airport is involved!). And, sometimes I also carry my first Gen SF L1 (in red LED).

But I'll also sometimes carry instead a Lumapower M3 (which I find I keep most in a 2xAA config., so I can use my rechargeables, occasionally as an 1xCR123A), or the Lumapower M1 (XRE CREE - still no upgrade module out from Lumapower).

Finally, I've been eying one of the new Fenix L0D's with upgraded LEDs, there is a Q4 and a Rebel 80 version floating around, but the dealers are playing games (no offering for the Rebel 100 version, so far, which in fact has sold abroad; or, for the Q4 version--again, no Q5 version, which could make sense technically speaking--is only offered in red--so to unload an excess of red-colored inventory).

I think I can outwait the dealers and eventually get the L0D I want - natural (OK, or silver, but this is unlikely), and Rebel 100 or equivalent (or better!). Once I get it, I'll add it on a key chain but still continue carrying one of the others.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
I keep a Fenix L1D CE in my work bag, along with spare batteries. When I get to the office, it slips easily into a trouser pocket. As I'm in the UK, the winter mornings are dark and it gets dark very early in the evening, so I also carry a second light in my jacket just in case. This varies between a Fenix L2T V2 or Surefire L4, depending upon which takes my fancy that morning.