What is your favorite light in terms of style, quality and user interface?

fnsooner

Enlightened
Oh man please tell me about that tail cap on the 62!!!
That tail cap is actually from an SC600w that I epoxied a magnet to about four years ago. It fits all my 18650 Zebralights, including my H600Fw headlamp. That tail cap has been carried more than any of my individual Zebralight bodies. It is a 3/4" neodymium. Very handy.

The deep pocket carry clip is from an Armytek headlamp.

d.weglarz13

Enlightened
Haha got it. I thought I was looking at some tail clicky switch or something. Very cool I'm gonna have to steal that. I like the clip too. Thanks

Budman231

Enlightened
HDS Executive.. 4 modes, programmable. Not the brightest, not the fanciest, but reliability and build quality are unparalleled. I didn't believe it either until I got one. If you don't have an HDS, seriously consider saving for one, they are well worth it. If I was in a life and death situation, and illumination/signaling was critical.. HDS. Period.

Warning. If you like the "new car smell" of new lights. HDS will totally ruin this for you.

Budman231

bykfixer

Flashaholic
New #1 to this hoarder.

The Streamlight Strion LED (74300)!!!

Love, love, love the incan version and it's old school style.

But their early version of the LED with 375 hi and 65 lumen low is my favorite because of the UI. And holy cow that little 365 lumens is bright.

^^ it's a warehouse lighter show-nuff.

I like lights that turn on or turn off. This one does that.
Yet press and hold for hi/me/lo/me/hi cycling. Or click twice real quick to get a sure enough disorienting stobe.

It aint a sexy light by todays standards. Yet the function over form caused this one to become my #1 self defense flashlight.

Last edited:

elzetta56

Newly Enlightened
Elzetta Charlie
AVS
hi/LO tail cap
Crenellated Bezel

Last edited:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Rotary. Best all-around flashlight in terms of quality and features. No contest.

stl-fan

Newly Enlightened
Well I have to pick my only flashlight...Olight S2 Baton. Just got it yesterday and it seems like a great little light! I'm an inspector and we receive 2d LED MagLites, which are nice, but I feel like I'm toying around a ton of gear on inspections. It's great to slip one in my pocket and watch it disappear! Light is suitable for my needs. I'd call it pretty floody, which is great; I don't need a ton of throw, nor do I want a discernible hotspot. This little guy can really light up a dark room! Oh and first post, so hey everyone! CPF seems like a great community!

tops2

Enlightened
Of the lights I have, I love my new Zebralight SC5w.

After learning the interface, its awesome to jump to different modes from off. The programming of sublevels is actually pretty easy now too. The flood/beam is perfect to me and the colors is perfect to me too (not too warm as I feared). I didn't care for the moonlight level at first, but love it now. I use it especially in the middle of night as to not disturbing anyone.

I've programmed to my preference and love it as an all around light. Its just slightly bigger than the SC52w to me, and looks better to me. Tailstanding is super stable for me too. If there was one drawback...I'd say its the clip as its sssoooo tight! Otherwise, love this thing and I see why people love Zebralights! One of the few purchases where I have no buyer's remorse, even despite the cost.

sandalian

Enlightened
My favorite is Novatac 120T because I can jump to specific brightness level by few clicks.
No need to cycle/ramping the modes.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
User Interface:
I really like DrJones drivers. He has some great UIs. My current favorite UI is moppydrv e-switch firmware. It has 16 user-programmable mode groups. A programmable turbo timer, shortcuts to minimum and max. It's not perfect though. I'd have liked an option to cycle down in brightness like his earlier lumodrv firmware.

On premade lights: My favorite interface is probably the control ring found on the Jetbeam RRT-01 and related lights. It's incredibly fast and intuitive, is quiet, and allows precise control of brightness.

I also like the 2-button interface found on the Nitecore EC11 and the 1-button Zebralight interface. But neither of those lights is perfect. The Nitecore's buttons protrude and can turn on accidentally in the pocket. Zebralights are awkward when used as nightstand lights... when groggy in the middle of the night its very easy to accidentally hold the button too short or too long and accidentally blast yourself with way too much light.

Body Style:
I prefer compact EDC-size pocket lights in the 1x18650 range or smaller. I really like the feel of the DQG 18650 Tiny III. This light feels just fantastic in the hand. It has excellent knurling, a well placed button and a classy appearance. Gets even better with with mods applied to change the UI and output, and make the button less prone to accidental activation.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm torn between Zebralight sc62w interface and Sunwayman v11r and Jetbeam TC-R2. I guess I would go with Jetbeam tc-r2 because it is easy to access any output or strobe. No accidental activations. Like with ZL I sometimes want low but do not hold button long enough and get high instead. If I hold it too long I get medium. No mistakes with tc-r2. V11r of course has no strobe.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
give me the potted electronics of ZL, the UI of the SRT7 and the style of the new Armyteks then Ill be done for awhile...but until they start malfunctioning my V3 PP HI and DP HI are my two faves...

markr6

Flashaholic
Definitely these guys! When I first saw Zebralights, I didn't like the color, style or dumb name. But after trying one, I was hooked. I had to get over the aesthetics because the quality, runtime, flexible programmability, number of modes, moonlight modes, and UI made them the best darn light I've tried...and that's saying a lot.

Zebras.jpg

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
Definitely these guys! When I first saw Zebralights, I didn't like the color, style or dumb name. But after trying one, I was hooked. I had to get over the aesthetics because the quality, runtime, flexible programmability, number of modes, moonlight modes, and UI made them the best darn light I've tried...and that's saying a lot.

Zebras.jpg

Nice picture and thanks for the post ... I may have to look into one of those!