What is your favorite light in terms of style, quality and user interface?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Copper twisty Maratac with N219 drop in, LMH modes, and No PWM
IMG_0526.JPG

radiohead71

Newly Enlightened
I don't have all that many lights but so far my favourite light is the Olight S10 Baton. It's small enough to always bring along in the front pocket and it's output is sufficient for all day to day tasks that i'm doing. UI is simple enough and I find it very functional (not very glove friendly though!).

Tint could be better but it's good enough not to bother me.

Felix1

Newly Enlightened
SureFire Lawman/1000.

Others put out the same or more lumens for a lot less money but it just feels "right" in my hand. Programmable switches, it's survived several falls on hard surfaces without any failures (some cosmetic damage), reflector really hits the sweet spot (perfect blend of wide peripheral vision coupled with a graduated center area without an obnoxious hotspot), click head switch for controlling output levels, charges in vehicle (or AC) without need to remove battery.

Yea, it costs a lot of money even when discounted but it's my favorite carry light hands down.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
No question for me - HDS Rotary Executive. Built like a brick, great range of output, looks cool, backed by one of the best warranties from one of the most respected manufacturers in the biz. User interface is simple yet programmable. I do like them - and they are even EMP proof. ;)

Second for me is the Zebralight SC62w. Style is a "love it or hate it" style, but the quality is great for the price - great value. The interface, once learned, is like an extension of your hand.

YMMV.

EDIT - while I stand by the ranking, it occurs to me that you can purchase 3 of the ZL for about the same cost as 1 HDS. Is the HDS worth it for the long haul? Darn right! But Zebralight is such an incredible value for what you get.

Last edited:

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT - while I stand by the ranking, it occurs to me that you can purchase 3 of the ZL for about the same cost as 1 HDS. Is the HDS worth it for the long haul? Darn right! But Zebralight is such an incredible value for what you get.
An HDS is really the last flashlight you'll ever need to buy. Notice I said need, not want.

MarkF786

Newly Enlightened
So far the Nitecore MT10C is my favorite for these reasons:

• A range of 1 to 920 lumens from a compact flashlight
  • Uses either CR123A or 16350 rechargable batteries
  • Forward clicky tail switch, and can tail stand
  • Two button UI allows the brightness to be adjusted up or down (this feature is so useful)
  • Has a red LED to preserve nightvision
  • Can be switched on to either the last mode, turbo mode, or red LED mode (another very useful feature)
  • Built-in volt meter
  • Can use standard 1" Nitecore or Fenix diffusers or filters
  • Crenelated bezel and strobe mode, if you ever need to use either.

The only downsides to the light are:
  • PWM - though not noticeable in normal situations
  • It would be nice if it were available in neutral white
  • It would be nice if it were a little smaller

I haven't yet found any other small light that compares in features. I'm surprised this light doesn't get more love on CPF.

There's also the MT10A version that runs on AA or 14500 batteries, though it's longer and not as powerful.

Last edited: