What kind of warranty do Fenix lights carry?

brigadeer

Newly Enlightened
I own a bevy of Fenix lights as my signature indicates. The very first "real" flashlight I purchased after discovering this forum sas the Fenix LD20.

Great light. I haven't used it much, but three times within the past few weeks I have been using it and switching between modes and it just turns off, and will not turn back on. The only way I can get it working again is by completely removing the tailcap and batteries, and then putting it back together. This has put the flashlight back in working order.

As you can imagine having happened three times now, my trust in this particular light is now zero. I contacted the vendor who I bought the light from, and they informed me that I had purchased it a little over 5 months ago (times flies, I could have sworn it had only been a month or two, lol).

Anyhow, the vendor is trying to work with me and wants me to send the light back into them to look at. However, they did mention that their specific return policy is 15 days, but that they would do whatever they could to try and work with me.

All that said, I guess I can take my chances and send the light back into the vendor and see what happens, but before I do I thought to ask the kind forum members here what type of warranty Fenix carries on their lights. Am I barking up the wrong tree here by contacting the vendor who sold me the light?

A few notes I wanted to make in closing. I LOVE the Fenix brand of lights, and this thread by no means is a way of trolling them. Just trying to figure out the best way to go about getting this corrected. Also, the vendor with whom I have purchased all of my lights has been Five Stars out of five on service on every purchase I have made from them (four of them).

I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!

brigadeer

Newly Enlightened
Fenix lights carry a 2-year warranty.

I guess the question now would be, how then do I take Fenix up on their warranty?

I googled Fenix, and the first hit I got back was the Fenix Store, which I don't believe is Fenix themselves, just one of their main distributors/vendors.

Just curious how I would contact Fenix directly to inquire about the warranty. It seems to me this might be the better route to take as opposed to going back through my original vendor. Maybe I am wrong though. Thoughts?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to the main Fenix site and contact them about it.

Chances are they would tell you to deal with the vendor you bought it from, otherwise you would have to ship the light back to China yourself.

EDIT: Their warranty site says to deal with the dealer you bought it from.

Last edited:

brigadeer

Newly Enlightened
Go to the main Fenix site and contact them about it.

Chances are they would tell you to deal with the vendor you bought it from, otherwise you would have to ship the light back to China yourself.

EDIT: Their warranty site says to deal with the dealer you bought it from.

That second link pretty much tells me exactly what I need to know and confirms exactly what the dealer was wanting me to do. Thanks!