What light are you most proud of?

RoBeacon

Enlightened
Fenix tk-35. It seems to impress the most. about half the length of a M@G but about the same diamater and a whole lot of useful power. I find it odd that more people are impressed by my neutral mini 123 than my jetbeam rrt01...

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
That IS one bright light! Wow!

Yes it is. You can clearly see how the M3C4 with new driver beats what was my best single XM-L thrower in the the Crelant 7G5 at the same distance and settings below.

DSCF3786Small.jpg

And here's the EagleTac at 350yds on same settings. Now I am zoomed in some so don't let that fool you.

DSCF3779Small.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
To impress non-flashaholics? My Fenix TK35.

Light I'm most proud of? My custom Leef-bodied SureFire 9P running a custom Malkoff M60 drop-in.

(Right after I got my M60, Gene started having them made as a production item.)

ArcaneLogic

Newly Enlightened
My preon REVO blows people away with the brightness for the size. Just lit up a friends back yard with it last night. It's not brighter than many other good AAA lights, but when you also start taking people through all the features (current control, strobe, SOS, beacon modes, almost 3 days of run time on low etc.) they are pretty impressed that all that is in a tiny light that can disappear in your palm. Also sticking with out-put-to-size impressiveness is the Zebralight SC600 that has been mentioned by others in this thread. Barely protrudes from your hand but with 750 very floody lumens it lights up everything in front of you, and still throws very nicely out to 150 meters or so. There are brighter lights, but to get anything significantly brighter you need a light twice the size, which becomes less impressive.

bostonbob

Newly Enlightened
Well, I'm new to this insanity... but so far my Surefire Fury P2X has elicited mucho oos and ahhs from everyone except my 13/yo son, who already thinks I'm crazy.

Erzengel

Enlightened
I can't be proud of any stock lights. They might be impressive but today it is no great achievement to buy a strong light. The only light I'm a little proud of is my "NovaLux", but all components were made by others and I just selected and assembled the parts.

LGT

Enlightened
The lights I'm "most proud" of might be unimpressive to my non-flashaholic friends. My brass peak eiger level 8, HDS rotary, 140 twisty are some of my favorite lights, but I don't carry them to wow anybody. But if I am carrying a light that does wow another, I'll try to explain where they can buy such a light, what type of batteries are needed, how they must be cleaned and lubed, and how much they cost. The "wow" is no longer for the output of the light, but what one must put out to own the light.

Last edited:

Soltani231

Newly Enlightened
a2apydy3.jpg
really have to say with all the lights I have I tend to pick up the TK35 most of the time. Ease of use, size and illumination can't be beat.

LightJaguar

Enlightened
The light that I show off to my "civilian" friends is my Surefire M2 with a Z44 bezel. It's got a FM36 filter, an M60 plus a mcclicky at the tail. Just seeing the light gets them talking. I've heard wow that looks like a combat light! That's a nice flashlight! I really like your flashlight!
Once they turn it on and gets them talking even more. The other day a coworker of mine that is into guns and knives got to see it. He did the rookie routine and turned it on while looking directly into the LED. Lucky for him the blue filter spared him a bit. He was still like WTH I can't see.

slntdth93

Newly Enlightened
Either my TK35 U2, or my E2DL by SF. The 860 lumen Tk35 always gets the non-flashaholics. :grin2:

E01 is considered "bright" by some of my non-flashaholic friends :shrug:

And then compare that with a Quark X 123-2 :drool:

Mooreshire

Newly Enlightened
My Kavelight headlamp hasn't been topped in-person yet. The flood XM-L is a perfect 179.99 degree dome of illumination all around me - I'm exaggerating, but it's wider than my vision is so it might as well shine behind me. The orange-peel XM-L spot sends a clean beam out as far as my vision/eyeglasses are useful out to - so it might as well throw into the next state. The six modes I had programmed for it pair up to offer a great mix of flood and spot arrangements: as I cycle through them it starts with only flood and brings the spot in and up to full before dropping the flood out alltogether. Both diodes get driven up to 3 Amps, but it takes nearly 24 hours of standard use (caving, night hiking, video light) for it to need fresh batteries.

I've got plans to change it up with a linger-special flood and a lux-rc spot... just in case someone else shows up with another twin XM-L arrangement on their forehead.

Latest posts