What light are you most proud of?

Ishango

Enlightened
I would either choose my Sunwayman V10R because it's very small and very bright (especially for the non-flashaholics) or my Fenix TK15 which is still fairly small (compared to Maglites) and even brighter. For the friends that like build quality I'd take my HDS Clicky, not my brightest light but definitely the most durable.

On a similar note. On my bushcraft course I took along my Olight T10 as backup and my ZebraLight H51Fw as main light and headlamp and both impressed the other people in the course as well. People who are not flashaholics are easy to impress.

Philabuster

Newly Enlightened
ZebraLight SC600w

Most proud of my ZebraLight SC600w. I EDC it everyday along with a AAA backup. Coolest part is ALWAYS having it on me and nobody ever knows as it sits in my pocket. Pretty funny to see someones face when they are using any substandard light (usually MAG) and all of a sudden, you just light up the area with 10x the lumens from nowhere. :D

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Re: ZebraLight SC600w

My friend have been pretty impressed with my Deree light when I go "Look at this" and shine it on the grain elevator/water tower or turn off a street light.

Personally on a camping trip id use my TK35 because its almost as bright but smaller and cheaper than my TN31 but I would bring a TN30 if I had one, brighter than the TK70 :).

Or a Eagletac D25C or Jetbeam BC10 on a IMR16340, just carry a pocket full of batteries and swap them in the dark so you always have full output.

I'm actually most proud of my V10R Ti but most people don't understand the technology of the rotary ring.

bushmattster

Newly Enlightened
Re: ZebraLight SC600w

The light I'm most proud of is my McGizmo Haiku. The light that impress my friends the most is without a doubt my 4sevens Mini 123.

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
I am most proud of my Fire-Foxes FF3. It's to big for EDC but still small enough to fit in a pocket. 4000 lumens in a pocket, that,s sure to impress!
5e3ydegu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Not expensive, snappy looking, or particularly bright, but I'm still most proud of my LiteFluxes. Why? They're real smart.

Geoff

fishndad

Enlightened
Based on the topic of this thread, i have determined that i must not be a flashaholic.
I simply am not proud of owning any of my fleaslights.
If i had designed and actually created a light from raw materials then i may feel differently.
Not to say 1 cannot be proud of a material item. I certainly am proud of owning my home,just not a flashlight.
Kind of like asking my wife what pair of shoes is she most proud of.
She would probably smack me and say "what the hells wrong with you".
That is by the way i am proud of her.
I am proud to say i have 3 great childre and a grandson who is 2yrs old.
They make me proud.

Soltani231

Newly Enlightened
New to the forum and have been picking up lights recently and just came back from vacation and the light I took was the Nitecore TM-11. The people around me just couldn't beleive at the amount of light that came out of a relatively small design. The only drawback was that it was so bright at night you could see just how much dust was in the air.

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey gopajti: Do you like your Spark SL6S? I recently bought the SL5-210CW which kinda looks like the SL6 but smaller. The only wrorry I have with it is that its side switch could click on accidentally in my pocket if I try to EDC it. I dont like the idea of having to loosen the head or tail cap every time I put it in my pocket, then have to tighten it before I use it every time. The side switch is very easy to click on. There is almost no resistance to it. Aside from that I like the light.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm personally all about small pocketable lights that are dim with crazy long runtimes for camping and hiking. Course, it's usually difficult to impress non-flashaholics with low modes, except if you can show them that they actually have a much better 360-degree awareness of their surroundings if they'd just let their own night vision work. Failing that, though, the Max modes of any decent flashlight will "WOW" the non-flashaholic, especially when coming from a tiny package - I usually run a 14500 in my Quark AAX just to make sure. Three of my four favorites run a week or two on moonlight modes, and 2-3 days from a AAA ain't bad.

7553023580_c02cf908f4.jpg

7882982576_97060bd41f.jpg

Whats the dimensions of that fold out solar panel and how good does it work on Li Ion batts like a 2600-3100mah 18650? Who makes it and whats the model name? Thanks

As far as which light I'm most proud of, I think I have 2 meanings for most proud. If we are talking about impressing people with brightness, then I am proud of my PA-10 with a 14500, or my Thrunite TN30 or Fenix TK41, because I can really light things up with them. But to me the more important meaning of most proud is which light am I most proud of due to its reliability and everyday usefulness. The Thrunite TN30 certainly doesnt fit that description(maybe it would if I was a park ranger or something though), so the light I'm most proud of from perspective #2 is my Jetbeam BC-10. Its gotten more use than all my other lights combined.

Last edited:

Obsessed

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking my shiny new SWM T60CS would fit the bill. I've done my "Here is a Maglite (turn on Mag...then turn off), and HERE is my T40CS!" (Turns on T40CS, while watching their jaws drop). I can only imagine what the T60CS will do to their faces.

Last edited:

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking my shiny new SWN T60CS would fit the bill. I can only imagine what the T60CS will do to their faces.

Jaws Drop! It has 300 meters of throw which is impressive to anybody. But then you add a huge 2350 Lumen wall of light, with massive side-spill and everyone is awe struck. And then they see it is only 5.7 inches long, and you can carry it in a coat pocket.....WOW.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Based on the topic of this thread, i have determined that i must not be a flashaholic.
I simply am not proud of owning any of my fleaslights.
If i had designed and actually created a light from raw materials then i may feel differently.
Not to say 1 cannot be proud of a material item. I certainly am proud of owning my home,just not a flashlight.
Kind of like asking my wife what pair of shoes is she most proud of.
She would probably smack me and say "what the hells wrong with you".
That is by the way i am proud of her.
I am proud to say i have 3 great childre and a grandson who is 2yrs old.
They make me proud.
I see what you mean, if you look at it like that the only lights I would be proud of would be my V10R when its don't being modded (like art) or a flash light I made for put together my self. I think he meant proud to own.

Whats the dimensions of that fold out solar panel and how good does it work on Li Ion batts like a 2600-3100mah 18650? Who makes it and whats the model name? Thanks

As far as which light I'm most proud of, I think I have 2 meanings for most proud. If we are talking about impressing people with brightness, then I am proud of my PA-10 with a 14500, or my Thrunite TN30 or Fenix TK41, because I can really light things up with them. But to me the more important meaning of most proud is which light am I most proud of due to its reliability and everyday usefulness. The Thrunite TN30 certainly doesnt fit that description(maybe it would if I was a park ranger or something though), so the light I'm most proud of from perspective #2 is my Jetbeam BC-10. Its gotten more use than all my other lights combined.
That one is huge but cottonpickers on here sells some

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
HighlanderNorth

The Spark SL6S-740NW is one of my favourite flashlight, 800CW also.

+ perfect beam quality, (LOP ref. perfectly centered led)
+ dust free lens, reflector
+ better throw than SC600
+ all modes are ok, no pwm flickering
+ absolutely silent driver
+ I can use my 4.35V cells (SC600 max. 4.2V)
+ very bright in super mode (driven 3A)
+ alcoa aluminium body with real HAIII
+ Panasonic electronic switch (200.000+ switching lifetime)
+ comes with holster
+ excellent tint (4500-4750K)

- I think, the low mode is too high, I would like 0,5-1lm

I recommend this light!

Last edited:

thatjeepguy

Newly Enlightened

First off, Kudos on the M&P, I'm a Glock 19 fan myself, but that's an amazing pistol. Also, I don't know how you broke into James Bond's goodie drawer, but that flashlight is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

As far as the light I'm most proud of... I think you guys are going to probably laugh. It's honestly my bone stock 6 D-cell Mag-lite. Now once you have climbed back in your chair and have stopped laughing I'll explain why! It's most definitely not the brightest out there by far, and assuredly not the farthest throw. So what makes it my favorite? I CAN'T KILL IT! It's hammered in tent stakes, been used to knock limbs off trees, and once was left on at the bottom of a 40 gallon washtub full of ice and drinks for over 24 hours and though dimly it was still on when I found it! I do wish it was brighter, but it's my old trusty and I'll always have it snapped on top of the toolbox in the Jeep or in my hand.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the answer would be one of my Surefires, or a custom light, but it is in fact my Armytek Predator with the XP-G2, as it a really good smaller thrower that doesn't feel too big. I am always impressed with smaller lights with throw, as they always make me smile.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats the dimensions of that fold out solar panel and how good does it work on Li Ion batts like a 2600-3100mah 18650? Who makes it and whats the model name? Thanks.

That one is huge but cottonpickers on here sells some

LOL... it's tiny, folded up, it's in the picture in the upper left corner - volume of 2 packs of cigarettes and 4oz. It's a NiMh charger though - 3.6V 0.6 amps, I'd look at Cottonpicker's if you want to cover Li-ions. Powerfilm makes it.

Last edited: