What light do YOU give away?

Masque

Newly Enlightened
Today I realized that a friend, to whom I owe a favor, would benefit from a new light for her keychain. I realized this when she said, "I miss the light that used to be on my keychain!"

I am, if nothing else, observant. :cool:

THEN, however, it struck me that I wasn't sure which to choose. So, what's your go-to choice for a gift light? And for the sake of this discussion, let's pretend Fauxtons are off the list.

EugeneJohn

Newly Enlightened
Do you know what kind of light it was that used to be on her keychain?

Also, whats your budget?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I gave my mom a pair of Nuwai 1AA lights from target. She loves it... they run forever on a single charge and it pretty small.

Masque

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. I was looking to start a more general "Well, *I* usually give..." thread, but specifically this woman is a friend of the family, in her early fifties; an active, professional woman. My specific situation here is more a "What would you get your aunt" than "what would you get someone you were interested in."

For that latter one, the answer is much, much easier. :)

As for budget, I'm thinking $60 or less. That's about the level of favor I owe her this week, I think.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about the good old photon micro light 2? Easy momentary on, easy constant on, very durable, lots of beam colors to choose from and good batt life. If UI isn't an issue, Ive recently become somewhat of a fan of the micro light 3. The UI is *much* nicer than I expected.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Ok...let's just nip all the chatter in the bud!

Get her an ARC AAA or an ARC AAA or perhaps an ARC AAA. Then again after thinking about it -pause for thinking moment :thinking: -...I'd suggest getting her an ARC AAA!!!

Should I close the thread now? :D

Masque

Newly Enlightened
Ok...let's just nip all the chatter in the bud!

Get her an ARC AAA or an ARC AAA or perhaps an ARC AAA. Then again after thinking about it -pause for thinking moment :thinking: -...I'd suggest getting her an ARC AAA!!!

Should I close the thread now? :D

Sigman,

Thanks for your input. After considering your opinion, however, I must ask you: Why not an ARC AAA instead? It just seems so much more logical, don't you think? Let me know.

Oh - or, perhaps, an ARC AAA? Would that be a reasonable choice?

Burgess

Flashaholic
Arc AAA would indeed be a fine choice. :thumbsup:

However, i myself don't usually go around giving away Fifty Dollar Flashlights. :drool:

:whistle:

I'd suggest you don't mention the cost to her. :faint:
_

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Sigman,

Thanks for your input. After considering your opinion, however, I must ask you: Why not an ARC AAA instead? It just seems so much more logical, don't you think? Let me know.

Oh - or, perhaps, an ARC AAA? Would that be a reasonable choice?

Here's the part that confuses me. You guys both seem like knowledgable CPFers. So why has no one mentioned the Arc AAA yet? :whistle:

- FITP

Last edited:

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
Dude...doood :poke:...I got the perfect light for your lady friend!! Check this out: https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_65&products_id=370

Can't get better than this...the ladies love 'em. It's a special edition, Fenix LOD Q4 premium 1xAAA flashlight that comes in a nice gift box. It takes common AAA batteries, super bright for it's size (pumps out around 75 lumens according to fenix), multi mode, tiny--perfect for keyring, waterproof, and best of all......it's HAIII anodized RED!!! :twothumbs

And if that wasn't enough,
it's even engraved with pretty patterns and is only $46.50...well under the $60 you owe her...heck, for that price, you can throw in some batteries.

P.S. That ARC AAA is a great light but don't you think it's a bit too manly and rugged looking (hrmph...kinda like me:naughty:) for a woman?:nana:

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have given the Arc AAA-P to around 3 people so far and it it is the first light that I think of for this situation.

The reason? Most non-Flashaholics put a light on their keychain so it will be there when the need it and they don't think about batteries or spare batteries or, for that matter, the light itself after it is on their keychain.

The Arc will work when it is needed and will not kill batteries too quickly when it is used.

A keychain light is the first light I think of as it is easy for the recipient to bring w/them whereever they go whereas a larger light will likely stay home.